• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Expansive Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Yixx, sorry, but you make no sense here :).

Sharinganeye, how do you make threads without prefixes? :)
And on topic, I use Paladon's system for jump and knockback, it works like charm (in case you haven't written one by yourself).

Level 4
I got on at a time that your post an his post were already posted, so i saw both and like element of water helped me, I didnt need your help but thanks anyway for triying helping me ^^
And what is a prefix?
I have solved it thanks to you anyway

Level 16
Right click on your trigger, there should be 'Copy as text'
Click that, paste it in here, and put [trigger.][/trigger.] tags around it ;)
(without the dot)

Oh, and dont double post! use the 'EDIT' button ;)

Level 28
Edit:
I didn't see Element of Water's post before, I'll make the trigger hidden, of you want, you can still use it... Sorry for that.

Here is the knock-back trigger that I made... I hope it works (didn't test it thoroughly, just wrote it down and took screenys ^^).

I've used some variables and 2 triggers to make it easier to read, this isn't necessary, it just clears things up ;)

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Push Back
  • Actions
    • Set Casting_Unit = (Casting unit)
    • Trigger - Turn on Push back <gen>
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of Casting_Unit using Abilities\Spells\Orc\WarStomp\WarStompCaster.mdl
    • Wait 0.10 seconds
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of Casting_Unit using Abilities\Spells\Orc\WarStomp\WarStompCaster.mdl
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 350.00 of (Position of Casting_Unit) matching ((matching Owner of (Matching Unit) is an enemy of Owner of (Casting_Unit)))) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\AncestralSpirit\AncestralSpiritCaster.mdl
    • Wait 0.30 seconds
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 360.00 of (Position of (Casting unit)) matching ((matching Owner of (Matching Unit) is an enemy of Owner of (Casting_Unit)) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing ((Real((Strength of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses)))) x 2.00) damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Force
    • Trigger - Turn off Push back <gen>
This was mainly the Special effect and the initializing of the ability (I'm aware of the double War Stomp).

Here comes the actual trigger which lets the enemies move smoothly away from the hero:
  • Events
    • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 350.00 of (Position of Casting_Unit) matching ((Owner of (Matching Unit) is an enemy of Owner of (Casting_Unit))) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to ((Position of (Picked unit)) offset by 5.00 towards (180.00 + (Angle from (Position of (Picked unit)) to (Position of Casting_Unit))) degrees)

screeny2.jpg

screeny3.jpg

Do not mind the "(null)" in this screeny, I was just testing something ;)
screeny1n.jpg

If it doesn't work, or there are leaks, please tell me, so I can fix it (or someone else can).

I hope I helped you out a little, have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.