• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Enemy units aren't attacking properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Well, I'm making a defense map and I have an issue where the attacking land units that belong to the enemy start stuttering and sometimes stop for a while. This is while they are ordered an attack-move to an area.

To throw in some details, the amount of enemy land units is about 30+ in a minute. Also, this doesn't occur with player-controlled units, even when they are attacking without order from the player. One more thing which I think but hope is not revelant to the problem is that the corpses are set to decay after 4 minutes.

Thanks in advance.

Level 11
In my defense map, I tried putting them in different unit groups and made a trigger to order them to attack-move once they entered the map.
There's also a probability that unit corpses slows down the response of other units. I usually set the decay time less than the normal when dealing huge number of creeps.

Edit: Try removing the dead units from the unit groups. It's worth a try.

Level 2
Seems like the case is that there is too many units. Stuttering only occurs on the second day on my map which also happens to be the day with the most units being used by the comp. I'll report back if it's been resolved.

Edit:
Fixed the problem by adding more comp players. Thanks a bunch guys :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.