• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Effect/Missile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey guys,

I have the idea to make a spell which pulls an enemy to the position of a casting unit :)

It's for a strategy game, but I really need a model for this;
I thought about a net with a rope like you cast the ability then the net with rope after it goes at enemy and then it can be bulled back ._.

I don't know if such an effect/ missile or whatever is possible ... but would be epic if someone could do it :D

By the way, I also search someone for making icons (many icons ... for a dwarf race, there are nearly none fitting on hive unfortunally, It's this game:http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/project-recruitment-256/world-248946/
So if anybody wants to help you're welcome !!)

Level 6
It doesnt look good, I want a net like of the Orc-rider with a rope a real rope ^^

Will look sooo cool, ty anyway for the idea ^^

Level 6
seems interesting Apa, try it out ;D Just look the rider ... can you do it like a missile? because the aerial shackles are like instant :/

Level 14
But the missile will dissapear when it hits the target, I don't know if it is possible to make it last through the whole dragging spell.

You can use a lightning and periodically update its position. Start at time=0 with a lightning from (position of caster) to (position of caster) and recreate the lightning for timesteps t = 1 to 100 (arbitrary number) like this:

Recreate lightning from:
(position of caster)
to:
(position of caster) + t * (position of target - position of caster)/100

This way it looks like the lightning connects the caster to a missile flying from the caster to the target. You can do the same thing in reversed order to pull the target back to the caster.

Level 6
Yeah thats an idea ^^, but wouldn't if be simple if just someone could create the effect? also: I anyway need a rope lightning then

Status
Not open for further replies.