• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Editing the "Shockwave" spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Alright, so I am trying to make a spell that, when activated, gives the illusion that the spellcaster (a Rifleman) is firing his gun and the bullet travels in a line, much like the actual Shockwave spell. I've gotten the attack to look relatively like a bullet being fired, but I've run into two problems.

1. The ground is distorted, still, in that way where it sinks in where the projectile flies over
2. The projectile starts on the ground, so it looks like the bullet is racing along the surface of the ground instead of through the air

I am using the Frozen Throne editor; if anyone could help me fix these problems, it'd be great. Thank you.

Level 20
You can base the spell in some other ability (Like Swarm) that shoots something without distorting the ground.

Another way would be triggering the ability. You move a unit with the Shockwave model certain distance from the caster towards casting point.

You move the Unit/Projectile every 0.03 seconds a bit forward, check every unit near/over the Unit/Projectile in a hashtable to see if they've already been hit by it (if they're supossed to be hit only once), if they haven't, do the damage, and save the Unit/Projectile ID on the target. This Unit/PRojectile ID is checked before the damage is dealt, so you don't damage twice.

If you trigger the ability, you can base it on Channel ability (which can be widely customized) and modify the casting animation on the Object Editor :)

There are Several tutorials and posts about Triggered Projectile Movement and Hashtable use.

Level 2
use a dummy that have same model with the rilfeman, then give the dummy shockwave spell. :wink:

use trigger to order the dummy to cast the shockwave spell with playing attack animation :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.