• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dynamically Populating the map with creeps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey everyone, how do I fill my map with creeps without it lagging out completely due to the massive number of creeps wandering around. I've seen maps that if you turn off fog of war there are no creeps in the map and they only generate just out side your line of sight so it feels like the map is full of guys even if it isn't, but I have no idea how to achieve this. Secondly, how would you make it so that after you have cleared out an area, creeps wouldn't come back in that zone if you wandered far enough away and came back?

Any help or example maps would be appreciated.

Level 6
You could trigger the creeps instead. That would save the size, the loading time (i believe) and possibly ingame latency. I'm certain your problem can be solved with triggers, but I'm too unexperienced with it to upload an exampe map.

Status
Not open for further replies.