• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Dwarven Demolitions v2.0

Four teams of dwarfs compete to collect the most gold by mining into the map and finding piles of gold. There are some monsters that don't kill you but slow you down by stunning you. your team member should help you here. There are a number of power ups that you can get the most important being the rubies, they power up your dwarf making his strengths stronger. When you attack other teams it only stuns them temporarily. There is also a mud monster who undoes your mining work, closing off areas of the map that were previously accessible.

I think I'm done with this exact map, but i may take the idea behind this map and make a new map with more. Still to help me in the future please post any comments you have.

Keywords:
dwarf, dwarven, demolitions, mining, miner, bomberman, bomb, digging
Contents

Dwarven Demolitions v2.0 (Map)

Reviews
15:54, 23rd Jun 2008 Ash: In theory this map works very well, it's fun digging holes without knowing what will appear next, and am I right in saying this maps terrain is random? Although, with that said, on several occasions I was killed by Trogs...

M

15:54, 23rd Jun 2008
Ash: In theory this map works very well, it's fun digging holes without knowing what will appear next, and am I right in saying this maps terrain is random?

Although, with that said, on several occasions I was killed by Trogs. Because that's not meant to happen, I didn't revive. I ended up having to host the game several times to get a good feel of it, and I'm sure this bug would annoy people to the extent that they wouldn't play it.

I have to give you credit for your imagination, though, I believe this would be the first map of it's kind.

Even with that in mind, it's pretty bland. I know you're digging and all, but try and spice things up with a few doodads, make the scene look prettier or something, it gets quite boring looking at the same things repeatedly.

The elements of gameplay are there, you just need to add in more visual pleasure and sort out the bug. Well done!

2/5 - Approved.