• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dummy Unit Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey, I know theres a tutorial out there but I cant seem to find it. If anyone would like to link it or tell me what tutorial section its in that would be great.

Level 6
Have you tried looking at ayumilove's (I'm not sure if that's the right username) video tutorials on YouTube?

hey is there a way to make "instant" dummy units, aka one that can cast a shockwave within .1 seconds, i have tried and it takes atleast .5 secs or so for the dummy to turn an cast it.. even if i alt the turnrate to its max, and have shockwave have a 0 sec cast time. Only way ive figured to do this is move a dummy unit forward over time and give him like immolation to simulate the wave, but this requires the hero that "does" the wave to face the target for quite some time and i want this wave to be on attack... ive tried editing the model, which i got almost figured out but i also thought id try this out. Any Sugestions?

Its for a "Sniper" with a pierceing attack, and the damage dosnt seem to fit the effect unless its withen a .1 or so margerin.

Yes i am aware of creat unit faceing angle.. But that actually creats unit faceing default and then rotates the unit.. (same thing with missles ive noticed)

Status
Not open for further replies.