• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dueling in a hero arena

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Few weeks ago I started making an hero arena based on "Angel Arena Allstars", and eventually, one of the things needed to set up was the dueling.

In dueling, two random opposing players face each other until death. In Angel Arena, combat happens between any two players, but in my arena, there will be different hero classes (such as support) and matching a carry with a supp would result in rape.

I have made three systems and I would like your opinion about witch one will be most adequate:

System one: Two random players are assigned as candidates. They both can either accept or decline the duel. If both accept, the duel starts. If only one accepts, and the other declines, the accepting player wins free bonus gold. If both decline, nothing happens.

System two: The duel is announced to all players. One player on each team must volunteer to duel, else a random player is picked.

System three: Players can invite another player into dueling freely by using command "-duel [playername]". The other player must accept for the duel to begin.

Level 3
I like the 3rd idea the most but a little diferent
- match a carry and a support .
- 2 supports
or 2 carrys in case there is none in either teams . :p suports fight can be fun

Level 5
What, you mean, duel doubles?

I too like the idea of support duels. Problem is that, in system three, duels will be quite rare =/ ( i think ).

The problem with System two is that only duelist heroes will duel.

And finally, the problem with system one is the luck factor, because refusing duels grants the non-refusing player gold.

Level 4
maybe u can make a system that gets two players to duel and either all players watches in stands or continues fighting until the victor wins. Then the next pair will go in and fight etc... the winning team with most wins gains bonus gold. or with a more twist like 20 seconds fight then another ally switches kinda like a deathmatch.

your system 1 is pretty common or at least the main idea of it.. the bonus gold part well... nah i don't like it much IMO.

system 2 the same person can always be the strongest and enters OP not really good.

system 3 good idea but, if the same two ppl fight it could get boring... how many duel rooms r there?

Level 5
Only one duel room.

Really liked your idea - every member of the team gets do duel once. Team with most victories win!

I think thats what im gonna do... never saw that before in a hero arena ^^

Level 4
look forward to playing it then. I forgot how to use hive lol. I couldn't find this post to respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.