• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[AI] Drop computer player unit's "call for help" range

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I've just shifted ownership of the hostile units on my map from neutral hostile to a computer player to prevent game desynchs, but their call for help range is way out there.

When one of their units is attacked, he seems to send out a distress call to a distance of at least 800. Anything else owned by that computer player within that distance comes running.

None of the settings in the unit editor, or in gameplay constants, have any impact on this happening, so is this sort of thing in one of the .ai files I could modify somewhere?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I've just shifted ownership of the hostile units on my map from neutral hostile to a computer player to prevent game desynchs, but their call for help range is way out there.

What do you mean "to prevent game desynchs" ive seen many COMPLEX maps which use neutral hostile as the creeps and hardly if ever desync for example DBZ tribute Ultra.

Well back to your AI question.

That is not caused by the AI it is caused by hard codeing.
Even if the units were owned by a human player it will still do that.
It automaticaly orders nearby units to help each other which makes the game more realistic since if you were a footman you would hardly stand still and do nothing although the enemy is killing another footman 1/2 a meter away from you.

To get around this try using Hold Position which can be ardered by using triggers on the units then they will stand still and not move at all but attack if a unit comes into range.

Status
Not open for further replies.