• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Double Arrow need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
do you mean shooting 2 arrows to one target - one maybe straight to it the other with an arc?

hm... i think this cant be handled without triggers. you should try making 2 arrow spells - with different angles. then give the unit one of the spells.
now make a trigger like:

Code:
EVENT:      -unit begins casting an ability
COND:       -ability being cast equal to arrowspell1
ACTION:     -unit-cast arrowspell2 to (target unit of ability being cast)

well, you have to try it out cz i didnt have the opportunity yet to test that spell. :wink:

Level 3
You gave me just the idea what i needed ty it now goes like this
Code:
Event - Unit begins casting an ability
Condition - Ability being cast equal to dualshot
Action
- Create 1 Dualshot Dummy for owner of caster at unit positing of caster
- Order Dualshot Dummy to Dualshot (2) target of ability being cast

And i gave the normal dual shot 0.25 arc and the other 0 arc so it looks like they split :) not really what i wanted but its fine for me.

Thx Sunny for giving me an idea :)

Level 5
Flaming said:
I need a spell (actived) that shoots 2 arrows towards the target angle like this Arrow 1 -> \/ <- Arrow 2, but I have no idea how to get it done.

~Flaming

If you mean multiple shot... i know exactly what you are talkin bout... here check this out... look down...
:lol:
|
|
|
V

Create a new ability for Multiple Shot
-In the object editor, make a new custom ability based on the unit ability Barrage.
If you would like a hero skill with levels: -Change the field that says: "Is hero ability" to true.
-Save and restart the editor so it can categorize it properly, and so it shows 'art-icon-research'.
Now lets change Barriage so it works with our unit.
-Make area of effect the same as your units range, so the multiple shot doesn't shoot farther.
-Change the missile speed and missle arc to the same values as your unit.
-Set the desired ammount of damage.
-Remove any techtree requirements used for the ability.
Last, we calculate the number of targets we want.
-Unit already gets 1 for normal attacks.
-Unit already gets 1 for having barriage.
-Unit already gets 1 for the number of targets.
-If you change number of targets to 0, the unit gets a LOT of attacks.
So the minimum number of targets you can have is 3, and the maximum is somewhere around 9. Here is an image of an archer tower with multiple shot.

Give this ability to your unit and it will use it automatically when acquired.

Level 3
If you wanted to make it look better, your best bet would have been to create 2 dummy units to either side of the caster (just behind the caster) and make them both attack the unit in question.

Or.. if you want to get fancy.. create a dummy unit behind the caster that attacks a 2nd dummy unit, when the 2nd dummy unit is attacked, a 3rd and 4th dummy unit are created and are told to attack the target of the spell?

Wow, that would get complicated with timing, but it would be cool to see if someone could actually do it.

And honestly, I think I've seen this done somewhere before, so it's most likely possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.