• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello,

Im searching for an unprotected Dota. Or a basic Dota.

Let me explain what i mean:

I just want to erase the heroes, make new heroes and balance them a bit more. im not very talented in making goodlooking TExtures (like the 3 Lanes in DotA). Also, i like the fact when a hero gets killed you get money and notification.

simply, i just want to modificate Dota, balancing it a bit more and give some other Heroes, new kind of heroes.

After this i want to fix some items.

Is there a way to find something like that?

Level 2
hmm it dont have to be exactly dota. could be a similar map...

ah thanks. trying what i get from my pre poster

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
I would try to make my own map if i were you.
Dota is a well known project with own leagues and so on.
If your map has a Dota touch everyone will compare it to real dota allstars and i think you cant beat IceFrog ;)
Btw is Dota a good balanced map(Heroes, Items, Texture). Except if a new hero is created. The newer ones are mostly a bit stronger as the old ones but get usually fixed on the next patch.

Level 2
I dont want to beat Icefrog. i just want to make different heroes. i want it, to smell like dota. dota fans shall think: hmm another dota, like good old days. not only 1 dota is possible.

Level 7
i think no one can beat him he have created that all wc3 mappers have only dreamed
map that has it own leagues in blizzard and all thats very big achievement

Level 31
I would give you 3 reason why you should abolish this idea.

1) Using DotA template to make another version is not a good idea especially if you lack of skill, it would generally make your map blend with other DotA map.
2) DotA is always updated, making the Aos map far better than any other DotA map which are edited by amateur mapper.

I dont want to beat Icefrog. i just want to make different heroes. i want it, to smell like dota. dota fans shall think: hmm another dota, like good old days. not only 1 dota is possible.

3) DotA fans would likely give a negative result, they would probably said they prefer to stay with the origin map. And would called your map a epic failure, crap and etc etc should there be nothing special about it.

4) As I recall, asking for unprotected map was rules breaking and you have double post as well. Thread reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.