• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dota madness....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Why are so many dotas hosted on bnet all over the realms. Althoguh i find the game slightly enjoyable, too many versions come out and as soon as your hero dies once or twice in a shortmode game your team has basically lost out of imbalance. People seem to enjoy geting lots of kills and destroying bases but why not play other better aos's or games such as footmen frenzy! (Which seems to be growing extinct...poor,poor hatoup(Which i met by the way, a cool guy :lol: )) Any new games hosted never get a chance...they get entered by one or two players who may play it, but then never rehost it or replay it ever. It seems people only ever play random tds (once useually) and dota. the awkward footmen frenzy or other type of game comes out but then gets covered and swarmed by the usual 85% of dota on the screen.
People please post your own comments here on dota and how good games are never hosted anymore!

Level 4
I personally hate Dota. I started playing it on january... and kept playing on and on everytime I could (it seemed cool at first... and all my friends played no other thing!! ¬¬)

I think those who love dota are not mapmakers. Some friends of mine even believe Warcraft IS Dota. Others started playing Warcraft because of Dota!!! It makes no sense!! So, my point is, a mpa maker knows that the only thing Dota has is the idea (well... that's a hard thing to come with) and years of balancing... I say it's no more no less... because everything else is quite simple... you can develope a new spell in two days, so you can make a new hero in a week and a couple of days, so you can release a new version each month! (and that's work for a single person)

I belive no one plays anything else because there's no good stuff to play. Randomly download a map... i bet it sucks! I mean no disrespect for newbie mappers (it's so sad... they'll never get the change old mappers had when there was no dota around) but if it's no Dota, it's a shitty map. Great maps (or at least, balanced and fun) are not at hand. RPG means clicking and clicking and i've seen tons of them with no custom spells or items or even heroes!! Even doodas are the same size, C'mon!! Warcraft sucks as an RPG engine! you have to modify it to work. And footmen frenzy... if I had a dollar for every version I saw...

I think Dota is DOTA because it's a standard. No one makes a better Dota (i've seen Wota, Sota, Kota, c'mon!! that's self-insultative!!!) And no one will ever do (Dota is at least 2 years old) We, mappers, should grab a good idea and take it to the highest level we can! that's what was done in DOTA

I may be wrong, but that's what i think. And i apologize if I hurt someone's feelings ;)

Level 4
before i explain this i must explain something else; what mapmaking is and how it works. mapmaking = 15% original idea, 10% a well made map, and last, 75% advertising/hype. that is of course if you want your map to do well in the b.net scene. DotA falls extremely short on the first 2 categories here but excells in the last. I mean, the map is crap to be honest, it is not in the least bit balanced and the triggering makes any mapmaker want to throw up so why is it so popular? because the people of warcraft III make it that way. 1 person thinks its fun, than his friend, than his friend, than that friends friend, and so on untill 95% think the map is godly and the mapmaking 5% of warcraft know what a bad map it really is. the only way dota could become "unpopular" is if they made the game balanced(because all noobs love to be the "evil" "most powerful" hero in the game) or another more imbalanced map comes along. hooray...

Level 8
I agree

I agree with all....

I really hate dota. because of unbalancing.

now lets have a look at the ,,great ideas''
Control your hero and fight with them << noob idea
Pimp your hero with items << noob idea
Combo items << maybe a little good idea
2 teams << oh ear which maps have not 2 teams? 1,2 maps?!
Sentimals and Scourse << oh er this suxäs bad idea this idea have everyone

Why is dota so popular?
-1 love it , friend like it , friend of the friend like it etc.
-Dota is still unbalanced! the creator doesn't balance it because all still love to have an imba hero.
-Dota was the first game which were so big :
I think Dota was the first game where you can chose
Hero and what have the choice of heroes they want
to have
-I think all know this..... TO KILL HEROES MAKES FUN

my opinion :
Dota is a simple made map. I saw the triggers and I laugh. Fucking shit is it. Noob mapping. C'mon lets work together and lets make a good map. People should have more work on their maps. In 99,9 % of all maps I play is the terrain the most worse crap of the world. Damn lets work together mapper!

Level 10
I hate dota, i cant stand going onto Bnet and seeing pretty much the entire list of games DOTA! I think tis crap, I think its boring, you go on, make a hero, kill some guys, blah blah blah, its boring as hell and no fun to it. I really dont see why everyone hosts it nonstop, its annoying as hell, WHY DO YOU PEOPLE LIKE IT SO MUCH? Seriously ppl, what happend to DoBRP, that is really fun and used to hosted a lot, now its real rare :(

So like i said, DOTA is CRAP

Level 4
u really think it's unbalanced?? i had great 5 vs 5 games wich lasted so long and every one was killing and got killed at a time... we chose all random and it was great. C'mon, I'm a mapper too, let's not say those thing just because it's popular.

You can't say its triggers suck! it has jass enhanced spells, something that the most mappers "forget" at the time of making their maps. Also, the terrain isn't awesome, but it doesn't look bad, does it?

Anyways... i think these are the reasons people like it:

1) It's easy to play: Larning curve... 10 minutes? I have "stupid" friends who can't play warcraft, not even an rpg, but play dota! :O

2) It's simple: "ok boys grap a hero, kill the other team... any questions?? no?? ok, happy hypnotizing!"

3) People who enjoy it are not mapmakers!! I showed a map to a friend and he told me "hey, but why are you using the Butterfly icon?" or "Put Razor in your map, he's so cool" Wanted to kill them.

That last reason is the biggest, i think. No mapmaker would say "wow, that's a great map. I admire the way it was done, I really love the terrain and the triggers... oh the triggers are so sexy...".

And when I sait they had the idea, I didn't mean they were genius... that idea is quite simple... it's an onslaugh from unreal tournament, or a team deathmatch with bases... I always wanted to do stuff like that when I was a kid (a "kid" mapmaker)

The makers of Dota have nothing to add their map but heroes... and everytime they do, people think they are really creating stuff, creating flesh from dust, so they say "ohhh... so cool!"

We know how that stuff was done, let's do what undead lord say and start mapmaking for real!

And mappers, have in mind a mini game as simple as "kill the footman 10000 times with the grunt" in a 32x32 Lordaeron Summer map wth no terrain work, or object editing at all can kick the *shed* out of your 5-months-in-development map just because it's more fun! =(

sad reality.

DOTA "rules" because it was not meant to be played by mappers!!

Dan Brown doesn't belive in what he wrote about, but we do... why is that??

We mappers know what a good map is, my cousin doesn't.
We mappers hate DOTA, my cousin plays it all f*cking day long!!

Level 6
Make that five.
I hate Dota, but something I hate even more is the people who play it. I mean, what's the frikkin deal?
The monochrome gameplay and unoriginal idea makes it below average, and the imbalance finishes it off. Like someone said, "(because all noobs love to be the "evil" "most powerful" hero in the game)" I probably can't make a more popular map, but with a little time I think I could make a better one.

Level 4
Dota is utter shite

rodsazo said:
u really think it's unbalanced?? i had great 5 vs 5 games wich lasted so long and every one was killing and got killed at a time... we chose all random and it was great. C'mon, I'm a mapper too, let's not say those thing just because it's popular.

Hey your a moron!

Anyone with any intelligence knows how shite it is. I personally enjoy joining one of the 4 pages worth of dota games and leaving just as the count down starts. Why? Cause it's fookin shite. Horrible game play because YES as soon as someone dies the game becomes unbalanced, some heroes are so over powered that it's ridiculous. All my friends play dota all the freakin time. I played with them once and kicked their ass 3 vs 1. It has as much replay value as fart. Footmen is better, mazes are better, RPGs are better and RPs are better. Hell, anything not dota is good.

Level 4
Re: Dota is utter ****

gerbal_warfare said:
Hey your a moron!

Anyone with any intelligence knows how **** it is. I personally enjoy joining one of the 4 pages worth of dota games and leaving just as the count down starts. Why? Cause it's fookin ****. Horrible game play because YES as soon as someone dies the game becomes unbalanced, some heroes are so over powered that it's ridiculous. All my friends play dota all the freakin time. I played with them once and kicked their ass 3 vs 1. It has as much replay value as fart. Footmen is better, mazes are better, RPGs are better and RPs are better. Hell, anything not dota is good.

You really have fun joining a game and leaving when the countdown start? I think no one here wanted to know wour freaky goal in life. I'm so glad I don't know you. :D:D:D:D

Level 6
Re: Dota is utter ****

gerbal_warfare said:
Anyone with any intelligence knows how **** it is. I personally enjoy joining one of the 4 pages worth of dota games and leaving just as the count down starts. Why?
Because you're an idiot. You are in no position to talk about intelligence, you stupid fuck.
Who are you to judge what people can and can't play? Hmm?

Level 7
what i especially dislike about dota is how they have the banning system which does absolutely nothing apparently (ive been banned for the past......3 weeks and havent been kicked from a single dota game!!) and how people kick someone just because hes in a different nation or country...unlike other games made. Also, new versions come out every week filling up your entire game area with god damn dota!!(i erase mine of course but some people don't know how) And the absolute WORSE reason for dota is that: as soon as someone leaves in a game and makes it from 5v5 to 5v4 everybody else leaves. heck, in footmen frenzy it was 3v3v3v3 and both my allies left leaving it 3v3v1v3 but i stayed and actually went up winning the game! believe me! so all in all...dota sucks :D

Status
Not open for further replies.