• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Doors and Resurrection Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So, I'm working on my first project, a remake of the old pre-MoP Scarlet Monastery, and I'm having some trouble.

I can't seem to get the Ressurection Stone to work. When I test the map, I bring the heroes near the ressurection stone, but it stays de-activated. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, I made the Scarlet Key, to unlock the Cathedral/Armory/Herod's room doors, but whatever I do, either the doors open no matter what I do, or they don't open at all.

Thanks!

~Ael

Level 20
What if we don't know what Pre-MoP Scarlet Monastery is? And what if we don't know anything about a Ressurection Stone and Door and de-activating issues?

You're doing something wrong because otherwise you wouldn't be asking anything here. How can we know if you're doing something wrong, if you're not posting the map, nor explaining how the system should work, nor posting the triggers?

Level 2
...I feel pretty stupid now.

The door trigger is currently this:

EVENTS
Unit - A unit enters Region ____ <gen>
CONDITIONS
Item carried by (Ordered unit) in slot 1) Equal to Scarlet Key
ACTIONS
Destructible - Open Scarlet Gate (Vertical) <gen>

You'd have to get the key, then walk in a Circle of Power in which I made a region which requires you to have the key in your inventory.

As for the resurrection stones, they're the ones like those in the "Founding of Durotar" mission, that require you to move near them, but they don't work in my map. I'm just wondering if they needed a trigger or something.

Sorry for the unclearness, hope it helps. This is the first time I work on a lasting WC3 project, actually. I'll try to upload the map as it is right now when I can.

Level 20
Don't worry, moderators can move it to the right place. WE has the option to copy triggers as text. Just right click on it and paste it here between
  • tags¡
  • Again, you speak about something that probably no one may know: Founding of Durotar. Forget about references, speak about what you need your system to do.
  • The Door trigger seems fine; it should work if the unit holds the key on the Slot 1 (Top Left corner) You should add the Data about the First Slot in the tooptip "Hold this Key on the Top-Left inventory slot to open the door"

Level 12
yeah, i know what you mean of "Founding of Durotar" (it's a warcraft III bonus campaign if i remember right) and you need a trigger to make resurrection stones work..

if you have several resurrection stone in your map, you need to set the last resurrection stone you touch and make it glowing... this is how to do them..
  • make the resurrection stone glowing
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within 256.00 of Resurrection Stone (southeast facing) 0000 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set LastResurrectionStone = Resurrection Stone (southeast facing) 0000 <gen>
      • Animation - Play Resurrection Stone (southeast facing) 0000 <gen>'s stand work animation
NOTE : LastResurrectionStone is a unit variable...
256.00 is a default range, you could change it to whatever you want.

and after you set the last resurrection stone, you need to make a trigger which revive the heroes after they died...

• make the resurrection stone reviving
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Wait (how long it needs to revive) seconds
      • Hero - Instantly revive (Triggering unit) at (Position of LastResurrectionStone), Show revival graphics
and if you want to make the resurrection stone to stop working, you do this

• Animation - Play Resurrection Stone (southeast facing) 0000 <gen>'s stand animation
if you want to make a resurrection stone working without glow, you do this

• Animation - Play Resurrection Stone (southeast facing) 0000 <gen>'s stand alternate animation
working and glowing

• Animation - Play Resurrection Stone (southeast facing) 0000 <gen>'s stand work animation

Level 4
Err... TwoVenomous, your trigger is good, but if you turned it on, it'll always glowing, even if she chooses another R.Stone. So, I'll add the miss one.
(Yeah, this is it:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit comes within 256.00 of Resurrection Stone (southeast facing) 0000 <gen>
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Pick every unit in ((Playable map area) matching (is a Resurrection stone) and do actions
      • Actions
        • Animation - Play Picked unit's stand animation
Or, you can use array variables, and many more!)

Level 12
will (playable map area) leaks ?
this will do then..

• make the resurrection stone glowing
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Animation - Play LastResurrectionStone's stand animation
the last stone would be unglowing and the new would be glowing..

Status
Not open for further replies.