• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Doing a Life Drain that steal potions of the target

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I'm wanting to make a custom skill that uses triggers to steal potions from the enemy target also. Some descriptions of the skill: LifeDrain — Postimage.org (Click to zoom, to see correctly)

I just do not know what trigger method I do. I've already done the quantity variables. However in the conditions, no have I think a checker of the unit is channeling.

Level 9
I searched on Hive and found it. However I did not understand the power of the system. I know that using this system, I do not need to put an event on the trigger. But if you want or own @Bribe speak details how system works, etc.

I searched on Hive and found it. However I did not understand the power of the system. I know that using this system, I do not need to put an event on the trigger. But if you want or own @Bribe speak details how system works, etc.
You would need a trigger to run when the middle of the spell is reached, and another when the spell ends.

Will the duration of the spell be equal across all levels?

Level 9
You would need a trigger to run when the middle of the spell is reached, and another when the spell ends.

Will the duration of the spell be equal across all levels?

It lasts 8 seconds if I remember.

What did you say refers to your system?

I think I would get it, though, it would be very laborious, and every new skill that interrupted the channeling, I would have to modify the trigger.

For the end-cast thing, use the SpellEvent trigger Spell__Trigger_OnFinish and in the conditions include Spell__Completed Equal to True (without this boolean, the event could have been for a cancelled spell rather than a completion of the channeling).

For the middle-cast thing, you would use the SpellEvent trigger Spell__Trigger_OnLoop and when selecting a Spell__Time you calculate the total duration (in your case, 8.00 seconds) and divide it by 2 to get the middle (in your case, 4.00 seconds). You will want to add a condition which says "Spell__Channeling Equal to True" otherwise this will also fire if the spell was cancelled.

The learning curve on Spell System is difficult, but once you get it, the ability to create spells becomes much easier and makes all of your spells automatically MUI and very easy to manipulate.

Level 9
You're trying to help me a lot, but your system really is complicated for me. When you said use, I do not know if it's to do a spellevent for each skill or put in a location correctly to add what you said. And end, and if do not want to help me more I respect, but then I try again to solve it after.

Level 9
If you and / or people help me I thank. There's more something I have to do, a way to select the potions within a group (which the triggers do not have) from the target to the caster. Which I remember has 6 type of potions on the map.

Hi @Napoqe , sorry this took so long to get back to you with.

There are three core triggers to this:

• Potion Steal Config
    • Events
      • Map Initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Spell__Trigger_OnEffect = Potion Steal OnEffect <gen>
      • Set Spell__Trigger_OnLoop = Potion Steal OnLoop <gen>
      • Set Spell__Ability = Life Drain
      • Trigger - Run Spell System <gen> (ignoring conditions)
  • Potion Steal OnEffect
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Spell__Time = 4.00
      • Set Spell__Duration = 8.00
  • Potion Steal OnLoop
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • Spell__Channeling Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Hero - Give (Item carried by Spell__Target of type Potion of Healing) to Spell__Caster

Level 9
I think now, with your credit, I'll be able to do the skill. If it works, I'll give you 5 reputation points.
But I'll try to do it later, because tomorrow I have test where I study.

Status
Not open for further replies.