• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Do you know a efficient way to make dialogues for more than 1 player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
I wanna make dialogues that can be for more than 1 player, but I have to deal with memory leaks (clean the group), adding conditions, skip the dialogue if the player wanna, make it MUI (or the equivalent for players) can you help me?

Level 5
Just turn cinematic mode on for all players and send a transmission to all players with the dialogue. I dunno if you need to clean the player group; I thought that was just for points and regions.

then make an event where if a player skips the dialogue, you turn cinematic mode off for a player. Sorry, I’m not at my pc right now.

Level 24
Just turn cinematic mode on for all players and send a transmission to all players with the dialogue. I dunno if you need to clean the player group; I thought that was just for points and regions.

then make an event where if a player skips the dialogue, you turn cinematic mode off for a player. Sorry, I’m not at my pc right now.
I think I should have specified that it is not in cinematics and that I wanna is run it for specific player in certain moment but all players can do it, like find a people in RPGs.

Level 5
You mean you want the player to be able to do stuff like move and cast spells while in pseudo cinematic mode?

Try this:
In map initialization make a variable array called Player And set Player[1] to player 1 (blue).

Now use this to make player 1 or any player enter pseudo cinematic mode:
Custom script effect:
“call CinematicModeBJl(true, GetForceOfPlayer(udg_Player[1]) )“ just copy and paste what I typed inside the quotes to custom script.
Change udg_Player[1] to udg_Player[2] to make player 2 enter pseudo cinematic mode and make sure you set the Player[2] variable to player 2 in map initialization.
Then create an effect sending transmission from a unit to the same player.

To turn it off, create another Custom script effect:
“call CinematicModeBJl(false, GetForceOfPlayer(udg_Player[1]) )“

Last edited:
Level 24
You mean you want the player to be able to do stuff like move and cast spells while in pseudo cinematic mode?

Try this:
In map initialization make a variable array called Player And set Player[1] to player 1 (blue).

Now use this to make player 1 or any player enter pseudo cinematic mode:
Custom script effect:
“call CinematicModeBJl(true, GetForceOfPlayer(udg_Player[1]) )“ just copy and paste what I typed inside the quotes to custom script.
Change udg_Player[1] to udg_Player[2] to make player 2 enter pseudo cinematic mode and make sure you set the Player[2] variable to player 2 in map initialization.
Then create an effect sending transmission from a unit to the same player.

To turn it off, create another Custom script effect:
“call CinematicModeBJl(false, GetForceOfPlayer(udg_Player[1]) )“
What? No, I don't wanna any type of cinematic mode, and if I wanna, I know what have to do, I just gonna use texts in the screen, a unit gets in range to a unit and start a conversation (don't say me how to do it, I know), and do really the all the dialogues skip if I turn off the cinematic mode?, I doubt it, but I never tried it.
I wanna know what is the more efficient way to:
-Check certain conditions, because it can be different conversations.
-Do the final actions even I skip.
-Clear memory leaks.
-Or make it impossible to enter in a dialogue when is in dialogue or make a owner of the unit enter in that dialogue if it aproches.

Status
Not open for further replies.