• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Diyan branch (personal fiction)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
This is a try at drawing a Diyan from my fictional world called Kumai (Lands Of Kumai |), please give some helpfull comments if you like ^^. (BTW, sorry for the bad visibility, scanner's fault XD)

Attachments

• Diyan branch.jpg
    Diyan branch.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 143
Level 9
I didn't like many things and I tried to make it better.
-the head is now smaller
-the hands are now bigger
-the legs are now longer
-an eye has been slightly moved
-the buttons on the tunic have been moved
-the shoulders have been moved
-the foot is now bigger

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    488.3 KB · Views: 142
Level 9
Sorry mate. I had a lot of hints and rather than tell each,
I posted a picture with the edits I think were necessary.
If you want I can delete my version of your work.
Just tell me.

The only things I edited using the brush are shoulders and legs, the rest of the lines you see are there to link the parts I made bigger to those I left as you drew them.

If you want written hints, here is one:
I don't like animes, but that looks like a well made anime drawing.
You should just be careful of the proportions.

I am very sorry I have offended you.

Level 23
It wasn't intentional manga or anime style, I think the hair hinted at it the most... but it was easy (and possible for me) I'm not realy good yet, so I'll go a easier way ^^, however, you may just let the picture stand, but next time, just ask permission =D.
And this drawing has the best proportions yet (of any of my drawings that is)

Level 2
Horizotal has already changed the basic propotions for you, so i skip that.

Try to work on the face, 'cause it look somewhat like a doll. This guy seriously needs cheek and eyebrowns. Try making the eye sockets visible. All this stuff also helps you to give the character emotions btw.

You should drawn the basice body before drawing clothes, so you can avoid that "skin-tight" look of them. Folds would be a nice idea too.

Oh and legs ending in a perfect triangel are realy strange. (no genitals? ^^)

Level 23
Hmm, eyebrows... forgot them ^^, Uuhm, further... I'm not realy advanced at drawing with shadows, and am first trying to get stuff to look decent (and a bit anatomical correct, wich is hard!)
the clothing... as it's in the desert, the clothing isn't very thick, so it looks fine to me...
as for the folds... hadn't realy thought of them XD
and the legs aren't in a perfect triangle, however, they indeed might be wrong ^^.

Level 7
It wasn't intentional manga or anime style, I think the hair hinted at it the most... but it was easy (and possible for me) I'm not realy good yet, so I'll go a easier way ^^, however, you may just let the picture stand, but next time, just ask permission =D.
And this drawing has the best proportions yet (of any of my drawings that is)
You can only learn so much. Its impossible to go beyond your raw natural abilities.
Practice and get better before you post stuff here.. ofc its welcome to have newbie drawers in here, but you arent going to get much out of it by posting sketches that clearly arent going to be liked..
practice is the trick to getting better.. i was drawing sausage men while my mates were drawing stickmen when i was little because i practiced before we started learning to draw in school..
Practice makes you one step ahead. A good idea would be to tweak your drawings to make them better over time.

Level 7
Hmm, eyebrows... forgot them ^^, Uuhm, further... I'm not realy advanced at drawing with shadows, and am first trying to get stuff to look decent (and a bit anatomical correct, wich is hard!)
the clothing... as it's in the desert, the clothing isn't very thick, so it looks fine to me...
as for the folds... hadn't realy thought of them XD
and the legs aren't in a perfect triangle, however, they indeed might be wrong ^^.

Make the robe look more.. desertish, if that could describe it ^^.
Looks like you put a russian doll in a desert :p
Besides, even better, no robe at all. T-shirt and trousers/shorts should do the trick :p. Robes generally require more animations than trousers/shorts/tshirts if you thinking of making anime?
Also.. realism would require a hat of sorts :p. You would be baked without the shade of a hat, and the hair your char has looks cheesy.

Status
Not open for further replies.