• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Divide and Conquer Campaign Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Last edited:
Level 3
Hey dude...i can help with the cinimatics if you just tell me what you need i'll email them (Hey umm if you dont have a email just tell me a way to send th cinimatics :thumbs_up: )

Level 5
Cool! Will there be any map on Divide and Conquer?

"I am... XxHunterkillerxX, god of the galaxy Osore."

Last edited:
Level 9
OK, since there aren't any experienced (sorry, Hydra) directors/operators/scenarists I got that hard job on my back, too. A man learns for his whole life. For my credit, the cinematics weren't bad or poor-quality ones. Just took me 1/2 day.

However, the project involves extremely tough triggering (not to mention the maths, but leave them to me and my sister), I'll need a good JASS programmer. I'm an intermediate one and I know that GUI leaks so there will be a lot of lag in that case.
Just to inform you, I've planned the so-called INTERACTIVE TRANSITION MAPPING SYSTEM.
That means: In the main map you have to defend a base. However, if you travel to another map, the base WILL REMAIN ENDAGERED, too. You will be able to control its defense and see its status from another maps.

That involves very careful time reviewing between the consequent attacks, complicated calculations with abstract units fighting other may-be-there abstract units while being hit by abstract buildings with may-be-available-attacks-that-consume-resources.
Add to that the special support alerts (see link in the 1st post) and it becomes really challenging.
And, finally, when you go back to save your base, certain number of units may be placed on certain locations around the base and each unit having determined amount of percentage HP/MP.

Now, that's a pain in the neck, but I'm an experienced programmer and should (MUST) be able to handle it.

Level 5
OK, since there aren't any experienced (sorry, Hydra) directors/operators/scenarists I got that hard job on my back, too. A man learns for his whole life. For my credit, the cinematics weren't bad or poor-quality ones. Just took me 1/2 day.

However, the project involves extremely tough triggering (not to mention the maths, but leave them to me and my sister), I'll need a good JASS programmer. I'm an intermediate one and I know that GUI leaks so there will be a lot of lag in that case.
Just to inform you, I've planned the so-called INTERACTIVE TRANSITION MAPPING SYSTEM.
That means: In the main map you have to defend a base. However, if you travel to another map, the base WILL REMAIN ENDAGERED, too. You will be able to control its defense and see its status from another maps.

That involves very careful time reviewing between the consequent attacks, complicated calculations with abstract units fighting other may-be-there abstract units while being hit by abstract buildings with may-be-available-attacks-that-consume-resources.
Add to that the special support alerts (see link in the 1st post) and it becomes really challenging.
And, finally, when you go back to save your base, certain number of units may be placed on certain locations around the base and each unit having determined amount of percentage HP/MP.

Now, that's a pain in the neck, but I'm an experienced programmer and should (MUST) be able to handle it.

Wow. That's seems to be very hard.

You see... I am a young editor master and I got to say triggering is the last thing I need before I become a true editor master. Yes I am very good at making a map and control Object Editor. Triggering is very hard for me and you seems to be a proffesional editor I say. Your sister might help you with terrain or you do both of the jobs. Idc. Anyway you're a true master of Wc3 editor but what's the point? Wc3 is old and people focus their time on a old program. But I guess it's just training for Starcraft 2 editor. Starcraft 2 is very nice and might be like wc3. You import cartoon models, fix triggers and such. And I will and always gonna enjoy viewing your projects in the future.

"I am... XxHunterkillerxX, god of the galaxy Osore."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.