• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Disease Cloud:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Ok, so now onto the reason I registered :)

Basically, what I want to do seems simple enough at least to me it does but I'm having a really complicated time trying to pull it off and I can honestly say of all the different frustrations I've endured when making a custom map, my present dilemma is by far the worst of all for me.

Long story short, on my map I have a small area(could even be considered a room). In this room is a Neutral Hostile-Unit and that unit works fine, but I want to make a trigger as to where a wall of Disease Clouds will appear, disappear and then reappear.

Now, making this happen wasn't too much of a big deal for me and thankfully even though its time consuming, I'm fairly satisfied with the result.

The problem I have is, I want the wall of disease to instantly kill any unit thats within range or within the Disease Cloud/Wall itself and again, this wasn't too difficult to accomplish but now onto the actual problem and I apologize for drawing this out and being so vague.

When the wall disappears, I want it to be safe to walk by or stand on and only when it re appears do I want it to then actually kill any unit(s) within the cloud or near it.

I'm not even sure if this is possible, but I'm assuming its just my lack of knowledge and experience with triggers. I've done some things I'm very satisfied with but this is just frustrating me beyond belief.

Thank you so much for your time and I apologize again for babbling and rambling on instead of just getting to the point. I also apologize if I failed to notice this issue being handled in another thread, but after four days straight of researching, tampering I must admit even if it means being flamed or insulted I'll take what I can get if it means first of all knowing for sure that this can even be done and secondly, if so how it can be done.

Thanks again to anyone willing to take the time to read my wall of text and or to help me with this problem, it means alot to me!

-Sincerely, Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.