• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Discord Discord Emojis

Anything to do with our Discord. Channel structure, etc.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Could use some tidying up, it's a bit all over the place. Some more emojis could be added. I know @grimgrents likes to use :risitas:, maybe the traditional :lul: too? Thanks to @Mayday, I've also grown very fond of the wee toad known as Pepe, whereas formerly I was like "wtf is this frog" everytime he showed up. So I'd love to see more pepe emojis! :reeee:, :monkas:, :hmmm: (both versions), :pepe_based:, :pepe_ez:, :pepe_resentful:, etc.

hive discord emojis.png

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I once thought like you did, guys. I did! But throughout the ages, becoming acquainted with this peepo, and his fears (rather monkaws), his diverse sources of tilting, his joys... you just won't be able to resist falling in love with him!
211-2112304_christmas-pepe.jpg

@General Frank My Little Pony throwbacks? 😂

@Ralle I'm up for reorganising the existing emojis myself if that's okay with you.

EDIT: Oh btw, one thing has been brought up: the Banshee and Arthas Purge emojis should be wrapped in red, not blue. My bad!

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Yes and no. It used to be exclusively alt right but now it's pretty common to see both sides using pepe. He transcends politics, much like you should; we all should.
If anything, the character started as a bad example anyways. It doesn't transcend anything. It's a bad joke no matter how you want to wrap it.

isn't pepe an alt-right mascot?
based

Yes and no. It used to be exclusively alt right but now it's pretty common to see both sides using pepe. He transcends politics, much like you should; we all should.
ADL go brrr; side note, shout out to maddeem for promoting peace and positivity in both the server and this forum. His message serves as a reminder it's just a green frog 🐸

If anything, the character started as a bad example anyways. It doesn't transcend anything. It's a bad joke no matter how you want to wrap it.
It's nice of you, and the person who liked your message to have an opinion on this, while not just being inactive in the discord, but not in it at all.

Attachments

• 1707936062046.png
    1707936062046.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 7

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Listen, I heard that the hacker known as 4 tran took this character and attempted to make the media think that the character was representative of certain political ideologies. This may be true, but who cares. You should not let this hacker steal this fine piece of art and symbolism. Take back your pepes!
I wasn't referring to what happened after, just look at the comic it appeared in originally, bad taste to say the least.
It's nice of you, and the person who liked your message to have an opinion on this, while not just being inactive in the discord, but not in it at all.
Excuse me, then why not move the discussion there than have it here where it's irrelevant?

I wasn't referring to what happened after, just look at the comic it appeared in originally, bad taste to say the least.

Excuse me, then why not move the discussion there and have it here?
Does art not transcend the medium or artist that created it? Can't you see that pepe, as it is now, is a force for good?

Excuse me, then why not move the discussion there than have it here where it's irrelevant?
I don't know, I didn't create the topic.

You are of course free to chime in or join the server, I am simply pointing out the ridiculousness that 3+ people are literally not present, yet arguing something on behalf of what they are not present for.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Does art not transcend the medium or artist that created it? Can't you see that pepe, as it is now, is a force for good?
Let's not get delusional here. Do you propose I put an avatar of a famed dictator but seen as a symbol of peace because that's what I'd make of it today?
You are of course free to chime in or join the server, I am simply pointing out the ridiculousness that 3+ people are literally not present, yet arguing something on behalf of what they are not present for.
It is not ridiculous. It's site related. If I don't want to waste time there, it's my problem but I don't think it's OK for such bad taste stuff to represent the site wherever it might extend to.

Let's not get delusional here. Do you propose I put an avatar of a famed dictator but seen as a symbol of peace because that's what I'd make of it today?
Whoa let's not go ad hominem here. We can have a civil discussion. Also, this is an apples to oranges comparison. Pepe is not responsible for the deaths of 6 gazillion people. He's just a piece of art appreciated by many across the globe.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Whoa let's not go ad hominem here. We can have a civil discussion. Also, this is an apples to oranges comparison. Pepe is not responsible for the deaths of 6 gazillion people. He's just a piece of art appreciated by many across the globe.
Sorry. I didn't intend to offend you. I just thought you'd exaggerated a bit.
Well, again, it's like using the sickle and hammer or the Nazi swastika for "good" because it's art, a symbol.
Of course the Pepe drawing isn't at that level but as I mentioned earlier, it's a bad example that has to do with some guy peeing. Now, why would we want that?
i'm certainly being trolled right now, being lectured about "right wind mascots" from two people with this profile picture
Not sure you're any different though...
1707937326529.png

Not like we aren't all HIVE users.