• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Disabled ability icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
How do i make sure that the disabeld version of an imported icon gets used, so it doesnt just get green. It works sometimes, and somtimes not, and i cant figure out how to use the data correctly.

PS. Yes I've read the topick "my icon is green, why?", so dont tell me about it, :lol:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
You are making something wrong. In Photoshop, just destroy the frame around the icon, create a new layer and set opacity to 50%. Then, use Paint Bucket Tool (or something like this), set color to black and click on the image. The hole icon should be kinda black now. Remember to type in DISBTN. For example DISBTNmyIcon. Hope this helps. :wink:

-Rui

Level 6
You are getting it wrong... :?
I dont have problms with getting a disabled icon, just to make sure that the disabled gets jused in the editor.
I will explain more detailed, should have done so before... :roll:

I have imported an iconpack, with btn, pasbtnb and disbtn versions. And i have used the right paths to all of them. Next, i set the btn icon to an hero ability. It works, but not when the disabled icon should be seen (when the ability is disabled because you need a higher level). Instead it is green when the ability is disabled.

But, this does not happen all the time. It works with another icon, and in that case i dont need to fill in or add the disabled icon to any data of the ability.

So, how do i make sure that the disabled ability uses the disabled icon from the iconpack? Do i need to fill in data anywhere, or just import the disabled icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.