• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dialog help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Ok here goes. I am making an RPG at present that will have a save code balh blah blah. No i dont need a save code . What I do need though is a way that when a hero reaches lvl 5(or what ever lvl i want it) a window will pop up EX. A wizard gets lvl 5, so a window pops up telling him to choose a new class, and the two buttons would be summoner and Warlock(something like that). If he click Summoner then i need to replace the old wizard with the new Summoner and have all the same items. Is this possible???

You help would be greatly appriciated
PM me or email me at [email protected] unless its not possible

Thanks again

Level 5
Re: Trigger help please

Day Elves said:
Ok here goes. I am making an RPG at present that will have a save code balh blah blah. No i dont need a save code . What I do need though is a way that when a hero reaches lvl 5(or what ever lvl i want it) a window will pop up EX. A wizard gets lvl 5, so a window pops up telling him to choose a new class, and the two buttons would be summoner and Warlock(something like that). If he click Summoner then i need to replace the old wizard with the new Summoner and have all the same items. Is this possible???

You help would be greatly appriciated
PM me or email me at [email protected] unless its not possible

Thanks again

It is possible to,,,yes you could do that ,,, make Dialog buttons in variables,,
unit gains level,, equal to summoner and show dialog to owner of levelin unit,
then in dialog triggers,,a dialog button is click, clicked dialog equal to (name of the dialog you creat)
then replace unit,,,,,
Replacement trigger will auto keep your same items and same levels,,so you dont need to do trigger for that,, (i dont have time now you maybe figure it out how to create triggers or ask someone to help you with Dialog.)

Level 3
OK, Ive got alot of this trigger done so far. The only thing i have left to do is create the new unit. I have the dialog pop up and all the dialogs correct.... the only thing is the actions change "the triggering unit" and there is none. How can this be fixed

Thanks for all the help so far

Level 3
At the start, when u choose hero, set the hero as Unit[player number] (Variable-Unit array}

Now, before changing you need to get items.

When diabog button is pressed
Button equal Summoner
For Each Interger A from 1 to 6 do actions
Hero - Drop item from invetrory slot Interger A at position of Unit[Player number of Triggoring Player]

After that then change the hero (Keep this in same triggor}
Replace Unit[Player number of triggoring player] with a summoner
Set Unit[Player number of Triggoring Player] Last replaced unit.

Now you can make the triggor pick up the items or make the player do it by himself. Hope this works.

Level 16
Ok...
Create a dialog named, "Choose Class," with two buttons, Warlock and Summoner. Put a trigger and variables for the dialog and buttons. When the dialog is pressed, you check the string of the button, move the items to the hero position via loop, replace the hero, set it to lvl 5, and pick every item within like 100 of the hero and give it to the hero. This can be buggy simply because you might pick up other items, so you might wanna use variables

Level 3
Ok.... I have the the dialog box down, it says Warlock and Summoner, my problem is replaceing the hero. When my first unit gets lvl 5 that dialog box pops up. But when i click Warlock, nothin happens.

My trigger is as follows

Event
Dialog-A dialog button is pressed for (my dialog)
Conditions
(Clicked dialog button) Equal to Warlock
Actions(this is where i think im wrong and a bit confused)
Unit - Replace (unit array variable)[(Player number of (Triggering player))] with a Warlock using The old unit's relative life and mana
Unit - Set the custom value of (same unit array as before)[(Player number of (Triggering player))] to (Custom value of (Last replaced unit))

IMPORTANT NOTE: I did what was posted earlier, and when the unit that changes to the warlock is created..(Unit - Set the custom value of (Last created unit) to (Player number of (Triggering player)))

What is wrong with what Im doing???

Level 5
Day Elves said:
Ok.... I have the the dialog box down, it says Warlock and Summoner, my problem is replaceing the hero. When my first unit gets lvl 5 that dialog box pops up. But when i click Warlock, nothin happens.

My trigger is as follows

Event
Dialog-A dialog button is pressed for (my dialog)
Conditions
(Clicked dialog button) Equal to Warlock
Actions(this is where i think im wrong and a bit confused)
Unit - Replace (unit array variable)[(Player number of (Triggering player))] with a Warlock using The old unit's relative life and mana
Unit - Set the custom value of (same unit array as before)[(Player number of (Triggering player))] to (Custom value of (Last replaced unit))

IMPORTANT NOTE: I did what was posted earlier, and when the unit that changes to the warlock is created..(Unit - Set the custom value of (Last created unit) to (Player number of (Triggering player)))

What is wrong with what Im doing???

Ya it might wrong at the Actions,, you put replace unit variables,,,you did not set variable how can you replace with that units in variable ? need to set variables correctly or just ( Replace with Triggering Units) or else you need to do Multi Or And actions, and If All Conditions Are True !
you got all the way to here,,its simple now bro,,,!

Level 3
Ok, wait. This is what i was trying to say earlier, here is my trigger that makes the first unit.

Event
Unit - A unit enters New Wiz <gen>
Condition
(Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to New Heros Soul
Action
Unit - Create 1 Apprentice Wizard for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Center of New Wiz <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
[Unit - Set the custom value of (Last created unit) to (Player number of (Triggering player))
Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game

See in red.. thats where i started my variable.
Is that wrong how i put it?

Level 5
Day Elves said:
Ok, wait. This is what i was trying to say earlier, here is my trigger that makes the first unit.

Event
Unit - A unit enters New Wiz <gen>
Condition
(Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to New Heros Soul
Action
Unit - Create 1 Apprentice Wizard for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Center of New Wiz <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
[Unit - Set the custom value of (Last created unit) to (Player number of (Triggering player))
Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game

See in red.. thats where i started my variable.
Is that wrong how i put it?

as i said,, if more than 1 then you have to do Multi Actions or else its not gonna work good,,,well its ok to use triggering unit when you not setting variables, but incase it buggin then you need to use the funtion right,,for example
Event
a unit ENTER a region
Conditions must be Unit Type Of ENTERING Units.
Actions must be Owner Of ENTERING Units.
then remove entering unit from the game

Why dont you use variable for leveling unit,,,look !
Events
A unit gains a level
Conditions
Unit Type Of Leveling Unit Equal to Day Elves
Actions
Set DIALOG = (leveling units)
If all conditions are true then do then action else do else action
if conditions
DIALOG is a hero equal to true
Actions
for each ineger A from 0 to 1 do actions
loop actions
show (Example Dialog) for DIALOG

ok when its show the dialog for DIALOG (leveling unit)
as we said above same thing,,, replace DIALOG with bloodmage using old relative mana,, EX
because replacement will not work with Triggering Player as your last post's trigger you showed.
Or else you may have to wait for me cause my map is done 98 % now,,try do other stuffs/triggers 1st,,leave this alone wait for me if you want,,cause if i have your map,,here im gonna done it in 3 minutes. well bro that is up to you if you wanna wait !

Status
Not open for further replies.