• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Diablo 3: The Fallen Angel (Destructable Environment)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Greetings community!

I'm the project leader of a map making project called, Diablo 3: The Fallen Angel.

We recently finnished the latest addition to the map, a "physics" system created by rain.mon.

Here's two shots I managed to take while testing rain.mon's "physics" system.
It's a test of the Barbarian's Leap-spell.

physics1.gif physics2.gif

Notice this is merely a test preview, not much of the resources made for this project are featured in the above screenshots - It will look even better!
But I'd prefer to show the first Gameplay Trailer Preview once more of the resources are complete and implemented.

In other news. As the physics works perfectly, we now turn over to another important matter, destructable environment!

icon4.gif
And the reason why I post here is that we need to gather a team who together with me, will create a custom diablo(dungeon)-themed doodad pack. That includes modeling, animation and perhaps texturing. With the spells created for this project, and the physics system. Destructable doodads (tables and such) would just be the BOMB and really give the feeling of a more dynamic terrain. And making bashing monsters even more fun!

But we need YOUR help! Anyone who's willing to contribute to this "side" project, and who has the skills and talent we desire, are certainly welcome to join. This would indeed take this project to a higher level! And would be much appreciated!

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them :)

Cheers!

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.