• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Detecting Research Queue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I searched around, but could not find an answer to this problem.

I'm trying to have a trigger catch/detect when a research is queued, so the obvious event was "Unit is issued an order without a target." However, the condition I'm using "(Issued Order) Equal To (Order(id))," where id is the raw data code of the tech I'm researching, doesn't seem to be working. I've also tried substituting id for the actual name for the tech. Neither work. Help is appreciated!

Level 9
Try this:

• Research
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins research
    • Conditions
      • (Researched tech-type) Equal to <Your Research>
    • Actions
      • -------- Your Actions --------
Works fine for me.

Are you sure? Because I don't think that catches the queue action. You know how you can queue up to 7 researches in a structure at once? Only the one currently researching is the one that gets caught by "A unit Begins research." I was already using that trigger before, but it didn't work. Thanks anyway.

Level 9
So you want to detect a research in queue? Not the one currently being researched?
I'm afraid that GUI doesn't support that. You might find some help JASS. Don't know, never JASSed.

Yes, I want to detect when you queue it. I know you can do this for when you queue a unit to train as an order, but to my knowledge, I can't even find how to do this in JASS. I don't care if the solution is either JASS or GUI.

However, I'm likely to just make one dummy unit per research (since all these researches for this structure are single-upgrade types) and just have it catch queueing specific unit types, and then removing the dummy and increasing research level via trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.