• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Detecting In-game Debuff Damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I already posted this but I didnt got what I needed...Here is my problem ..

(Hey guys I made a simple trigger that would cause a specific unit type not to take damage if the damage source does not have a specific buff I created, at first, it was working fine but as I attacked that specified unit with a hero that has a incinerate based spell, the unit still takes damage..

I even tried using a DDS for it but still nothing changes,
Please help me..
What do I need to do to detect damage taken from Incinerate based spell (note: I'm talking about the stacking damage effect of Incinerate) and prevent it from causing damage the specified unit type...)

Pleasse I need a GUI trigger on this ...please ..

Level 6
I already tried editing it...and this works for me but I don't know if it's MUI..

TRIGGER 1
  • Team Boss Enter
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
      • ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Boss Golem (Team 1)) or ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Boss Golem (Team 2))
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Add (Triggering unit) to TEAM_BOSS
      • Trigger - Add to Team Boss Damage Event <gen> the event (Unit - (Entering unit) Takes damage)
TRIGGER 2

• Team Boss Damage Event
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is in TEAM_BOSS) Equal to True
      • ((Damage source) has buff Golden Sword ) Not equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set TEAM_BOSSUNIT = (Triggering unit)
      • Set TEAM_BOSSDMGTAKEN = (Damage taken)
      • Countdown Timer - Start TEAM_BOSSTIMER as a One-shot timer that will expire in 0.00 seconds
TRIGGER 3

• Team Boss Timer Expires
    • Events
      • Time - TEAM_BOSSTIMER expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set life of TEAM_BOSSUNIT to ((Life of TEAM_BOSSUNIT) + TEAM_BOSSDMGTAKEN)
..is this ok??

Level 11
You don't need this
  • Trigger - Add to Team Boss Damage Event <gen> the event (Unit - (Entering unit) Takes damage)
Just make "unit is attacked"
"attacked unit is in unit group"
"attacked unit has golden sword effect"

"set team_bossunit = attacked unit"
"set team_bossunitdmgtaken = damage taken"

*There is jack point in that timer*

• Unit - Set life of TEAM_BOSSUNIT to ((Life of TEAM_BOSSUNIT) + TEAM_BOSSDMGTAKEN)

Level 6
You don't need this
Just make "unit is attacked"
"attacked unit is in unit group"
"attacked unit has golden sword effect"

"set team_bossunit = attacked unit"
"set team_bossunitdmgtaken = damage taken"

*There is jack point in that timer*

I tried what you said just now and its not what I need...please read the very top of this thread sir..

unit is attacked - event??

actions -
event response - damage taken does can't even be detected using your suggestion..but still thanks for trying to help,..that trigger I posted as suggested by Bribe seems to be the only method that does what I'm looking for but I don't know if its correct that is why I posted it so that maybe you guys could help me improve it if necessary..

Level 11
So basically if a unit doesn't have the golden sword buff he can't do damage to the boss unit? Ok here it is.

Trigger One:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
      • ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Footman) or ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Knight)
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Add (Triggering unit) to BossGroup
Trigger Two:
  • Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • ((Attacked unit) is in BossGroup) Equal to True
      • ((Attacking unit) has buff Avatar) Not equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set life of (Attacked unit) to ((Life of (Attacked unit)) - (Damage taken))

Level 10
Hey I am actually working on a map and i am using Bribes Damage System. So I was confronted with the same problem I solved it by triggering the normal damage only able by a damageamount of over 4 points.

So I am able to for example if a unit is hitted by stormbolt i put the normal stormbolt damage by 0.05 points and then I triggered the spell that if damageamount is 0.05 set DamageAmount to for example 100-150 points.

It works fine but You have to set the damage of spells in the Gameplay Constants to 100% on each Armor type. It also works with DOTs for example you use Unholy Frenzy
If DamageAmount = 0.06 Set DamageAmount = 50 For example.

But Dont forget that each spell has to have another damageamount

Level 6
Hey I am actually working on a map and i am using Bribes Damage System. So I was confronted with the same problem I solved it by triggering the normal damage only able by a damageamount of over 4 points.

So I am able to for example if a unit is hitted by stormbolt i put the normal stormbolt damage by 0.05 points and then I triggered the spell that if damageamount is 0.05 set DamageAmount to for example 100-150 points.

It works fine but You have to set the damage of spells in the Gameplay Constants to 100% on each Armor type. It also works with DOTs for example you use Unholy Frenzy
If DamageAmount = 0.06 Set DamageAmount = 50 For example.

But Dont forget that each spell has to have another damageamount
but have you tried using spells based on INCINERATE ???cause that's the part where I'm having troubles with dude...I've tried many DDS for this , but still, nothing seems to change ..ty for the reply ..+REP

Level 10
Yeah thats easy for example I created a Spell for my mage known from WoW called Firebolt
My Firebolt causes an instant damage of for example 100 and a dot over 5 sek causing 10 damage per sek.

But you have to use 2 spells the first one is: DamageAmount = Example: 0.05 Set DamageAmount = 100
(The Next part I put in another trigger otherwise it didnt worked on my map dont know why.)
If DamageAmount = 0.05 then Create DummyUnit (an invisible unit use as Custom Model File <nothing> so you wont be able to click it and turn its shadow to <None>

Order DummyUnit to cast Unholy Frenzy (FireboltDOT) on DamageEventTarget

It will be triggered with

If DamageAmount = 0.06 Set DamageAmount = 10

Create another Trigger

Event - A unit casts spell

Spell = FireboltDOT

wait 1 sek.
Remove Triggering Unit

It works perfectly on my map ^^ With Critical Strike and Resistence etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.