• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Detect an ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Okey, i had edited the item "spell book" to be a unit ability, and i want to Detect when you open the spell book, but i cant find any triggers and conditions to use.

My trigger is now:

Event:
Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Begins casting an ability

Conditions:
(Ability being cast) Equal to Spell Book

Action:

Thx

Level 8
I think that using items does count as the unit using an ability, so that's probably not the problem, but you should definitely double-check to make sure.

Otherwise, since Spellbook is a very different ability wherein it basically just opens up another menu, perhaps it's not counting itself as firing an ability. If that's the case, either maybe it can't be detected, or perhaps it can be detected through events pertaining to item use.

Level 11
This is a spell problem. Next time come to the spells section.

And obviously spellbook cannot be detected. Its like a thread. You have to enter the thread so you start a program. Same here, you have to enter the book so you can cast a spell. Conclusion, you can detect the spells inside the spellbook when they are cast, but its impossible to detect the spellbook.

~Daelin

Level 11
Okey im working on a multibord bag that work for every player also in multiplayer. With a costum script it show a different multibord for each player. Then you open the spell book its show the multiboard bag for the player.

So i made a dummy spell from Devine Shiled!

Then you use devine shield, it remove the devine shield and create a spell book, but there is 2 problems:

1) Then its remove the devine shield, the unit freze until i order the unit to stop.

2) I can't find any trigger that use a costum spell, i want it to use the spell book.

Level 6
No triggers use custom spells, but what you can do is use the base spell.

For example, you can convince your computer to do your custom move based off war stomp by ordering it to issue order with no target - tauren chieftain - war stomp.

In your case it would be Paladin - Divine Shield (no target).

Status
Not open for further replies.