• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Desyncs and Lag on my map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Attack Of The Lunatics 0.62e
Defeat The Kodos 7.70c

Both of my map were previously rather healthy but after the 1.30.2 patch, it caused a desync at certain specific times and even a terrible amount of lag on my first map. I have tried fixing memory leaks but im not sure what are the problems, does anyone know?
Perhaps if u have the time, could u take a look in my map through the world editor and figure out something?

For the Kodo map, it seems that its only desyncing thats the problem, and it desyncs around the 9-10minute mark.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i spent years on making this map and its a shame to see it go down like this.

Level 8
Took a quick look at your kodo map and couldn't find anything obvious.
Hmm really strange that your map only started desyncing after 1.30.2.

Have you checked the replays and found anything suspicious? (e.g. spell being cast)
Also are the desyncs random or do they always happen around the 9-10 minute mark?

Level 5
Took a quick look at your kodo map and couldn't find anything obvious.
Hmm really strange that your map only started desyncing after 1.30.2.

Have you checked the replays and found anything suspicious? (e.g. spell being cast)
Also are the desyncs random or do they always happen around the 9-10 minute mark?

At first it was due to the mass entangling root spell, I found out that my dummy unit had an attack with 0 damage and no attack type or something along that line and it caused the desync. After I removed that it still happened but consistently at the 9-10min mark.

If I'm not wrong the desync happened in 1.30 onwards, but at first I thought it was just that entangling roots problem now it seems to always desync most of the players at the 9-10min mark

The map that had problems after 1.30.2 is the hero siege map and I think the lag only happens when I'm playing online specifically through battle net, single player it is fine. I haven't tried it on other hosting places like ent connect or smth

Status
Not open for further replies.