• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] Destructable, what is wrong with you? Why are you so fkd up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 34
Ugh, this is terrible. I have ran some tests in my map regarding to bad FPS drop. I have around 10.000 pathing blockers in my map. I hid them using trigger, and when I displayed the number of enumerated destructable, it printed the exactly correct number. So all of pathing blockers in the map have been completely hidden (correctly enumerated). It helps the FPS a bit, but still not enough. Then I tried to remove all of pathing blockers in World Editor, the FPS rose up from 15 to 35! Then I undo it, and tried to remove all pathing blockers using trigger (in first hope that the pathing stays, sadly it's not), but strangely, the FPS stayed at 15 unlike when I removed them in WE. Whereas the pathings were completely removed already (tested).

Anyone knows what's going on here? I know how to work around this issue, but I'm just curious about what's causing it? RemoveDestructable function is bugged? Who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.