• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Deposit and Withdraw commands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celalith

C

Celalith

First of all, Hi!

I have been making my own Life of a Peasant map and I added a Bank, and now I want to add a few commands to the bank, like Deposit and Withdraw - You can deposit a random amount of gold to the bank and can later withdraw it.
The thing is I have no idea how to do it and would like some help.

Thanks in advance!

Celalith

C

Celalith

Yeah, I tried to make sense of that info, but I just don't understand variables.
Also with the withdraw command, It needs to know how much I have already added to the bank - so I can't withdraw more then I have added.
But thanks anyways.

Level 29
u should learn about variables if u plan on doing any types of triggering. there are tutorials that show u wat variables are and how to use them. then u should take a look at my tutorial and the things that leak tutorial.
to check how much is in there u need a variable. to deposit u need a variable. to withdraw u need a variable. they are very easy to understand and i think u can understand them.

basically u would need an integer array variable for storing the gold. then u need a few temp variables. normally an integer and a player variable. and i believe that is all u need. u would need at minimum 1 trigger to do everything. two triggers in this case would probably be better tho.

first trigger u have the deposit gold. so -de x
were x is the gold amount.
then u need to use substrings to find out how much gold the person typed in.

give me a couple minutes and ill make a simple thing for u

ill leave notes so u can see wats happening

here is that trigger and how it works is explained if u have any questions feel free to ask.
  • deposit gold
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -de as A substring
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -de as A substring
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -de as A substring
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -de as A substring
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -de as A substring
      • Player - Player 6 (Orange) types a chat message containing -de as A substring
      • Player - Player 7 (Green) types a chat message containing -de as A substring
      • Player - Player 8 (Pink) types a chat message containing -de as A substring
      • Player - Player 9 (Gray) types a chat message containing -de as A substring
      • Player - Player 10 (Light Blue) types a chat message containing -de as A substring
      • Player - Player 11 (Dark Green) types a chat message containing -de as A substring
      • Player - Player 12 (Brown) types a chat message containing -de as A substring
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- first i set the enterd string to a variable. --------
      • Set tempString1 = (Entered chat string)
      • -------- then i get the substring of the entered string to make sure that it is the desired string entered in the right way. i am looking for (-de ) this way someone cant type in hello -de and mess up the trigger. --------
      • Set tempString2 = (Substring(tempString1, 1, 4))
      • -------- in the conditions i check to make sure the string entered in is correct --------
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • tempString2 Equal to -de
        • Then - Actions
          • -------- i then set the triggering player into a variable. so i can use it later --------
          • Set tempPlayer = (Triggering player)
          • -------- i then set the length of the string entered into an integer variable --------
          • Set tempInt1 = (Length of tempString1)
          • -------- in this i set an integer to the amount of money typed in --------
          • Set tempInt2 = (Integer((Substring(tempString1, 5, tempInt1))))
          • -------- i then set an integer to the current gold that the player has --------
          • Set tempInt3 = (tempPlayer Current gold)
          • -------- this next one sets an integer variable to the players number. To be used as an index. --------
          • Set tempInt4 = (Player number of tempPlayer)
          • -------- i then check to see if that player has enough money to put into the bank. so he cant put in more than he has --------
          • Player Group - Add tempPlayer to tempPlayerGroup
            • If - Conditions
              • tempInt2 Greater than tempInt3
            • Then - Actions
              • -------- this only fires if the player typed in more money than that player had --------
              • -------- this next action adds all the players gold into his bank. the bank is an integer indexed to that players number. --------
              • Set playersGoldDeposited[tempInt4] = (playersGoldDeposited[tempInt4] + tempInt3)
              • -------- i then subtract the gold from the player --------
              • Player - Set tempPlayer Current gold to ((tempPlayer Current gold) - tempInt3)
              • Game - Display to tempPlayerGroup the text: (You have deposited + ((String(tempInt3)) + gold into your bank))
              • -------- this one is all done now. the trigger has added the players gold into his bank. --------
            • Else - Actions
              • -------- this next action adds the gold the player typed in into his bank. the bank is an integer indexed to that players number. --------
              • Set playersGoldDeposited[tempInt4] = (playersGoldDeposited[tempInt4] + tempInt2)
              • Player - Set tempPlayer Current gold to ((tempPlayer Current gold) - tempInt2)
              • Game - Display to tempPlayerGroup the text: (You have deposited + ((String(tempInt2)) + gold into your bank))
              • -------- this one is all done now. the trigger has added the players gold into his bank. --------
          • Player Group - Remove tempPlayer from tempPlayerGroup
          • -------- this first one is a custom script. this is needed because in GUI u cant set the player to null. Its a little bit of jass but its easy to understand --------
          • -------- any variable u create in the variable editor u need to use the udg_ prefix. this stands for user defined global. --------
          • Custom script: set udg_tempPlayer = null
          • Set tempInt1 = 0
          • Set tempInt2 = 0
          • Set tempInt3 = 0
          • Set tempInt4 = 0
          • -------- since its all done we need to clean some things up so it doesnt bug up next time someone activates the trigger --------
        • Else - Actions
      • -------- since its all done we need to clean some things up so it doesnt bug up next time someone activates the trigger. --------
      • Set tempString1 = <Empty String>
      • Set tempString2 = <Empty String>
  • withdraw gold
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -wi as A substring
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -wi as A substring
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -wi as A substring
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -wi as A substring
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -wi as A substring
      • Player - Player 6 (Orange) types a chat message containing -wi as A substring
      • Player - Player 7 (Green) types a chat message containing -wi as A substring
      • Player - Player 8 (Pink) types a chat message containing -wi as A substring
      • Player - Player 9 (Gray) types a chat message containing -wi as A substring
      • Player - Player 10 (Light Blue) types a chat message containing -wi as A substring
      • Player - Player 11 (Dark Green) types a chat message containing -wi as A substring
      • Player - Player 12 (Brown) types a chat message containing -wi as A substring
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- first i set the enterd string to a variable. --------
      • Set tempString1 = (Entered chat string)
      • -------- then i get the substring of the entered string to make sure that it is the desired string entered in the right way. i am looking for (-wi ) this way someone cant type in hello -wi and mess up the trigger. --------
      • Set tempString2 = (Substring(tempString1, 1, 4))
      • -------- in the conditions i check to make sure the string entered in is correct --------
        • If - Conditions
          • tempString2 Equal to -wi
        • Then - Actions
          • -------- i then set the triggering player into a variable. so i can use it later --------
          • -------- i then set the length of the string entered into an integer variable --------
          • Set tempInt1 = (Length of tempString1)
          • -------- in this i set an integer to the amount of money typed in --------
          • Set tempInt2 = (Integer((Substring(tempString1, 5, tempInt1))))
          • -------- this next one sets an integer variable to the players number. To be used as an index. --------
          • Set tempInt4 = (Player number of tempPlayer)
          • -------- i then set an integer to the current gold that is in that players bank --------
          • Set tempInt3 = playersGoldDeposited[tempInt4]
          • -------- i then check to see if that player has enough money in the bank. so he cant take out more than he has --------
            • If - Conditions
              • tempInt2 Greater than tempInt3
            • Then - Actions
              • -------- this only fires if the player typed in more money than that player had --------
              • -------- this next action subtracts all the players gold into his bank. the bank is an integer indexed to that players number. --------
              • Set playersGoldDeposited[tempInt4] = (playersGoldDeposited[tempInt4] - tempInt3)
              • -------- i then add the gold to the player --------
              • Player - Add tempInt3 to tempPlayer Current gold
              • Game - Display to tempPlayerGroup the text: (You have withdrawn + ((String(tempInt3)) + gold from your bank))
            • Else - Actions
              • -------- this next action subtracts the players gold that he typed in into his bank. the bank is an integer indexed to that players number. --------
              • Set playersGoldDeposited[tempInt4] = (playersGoldDeposited[tempInt4] - tempInt2)
              • Player - Add tempInt2 to tempPlayer Current gold
              • Game - Display to tempPlayerGroup the text: (You have withdrawn + ((String(tempInt2)) + gold from your bank))
          • -------- this first one is a custom script. this is needed because in GUI u cant set the player to null. Its a little bit of jass but its easy to understand --------
          • -------- any variable u create in the variable editor u need to use the udg_ prefix. this stands for user defined global. --------
          • Custom script: set udg_tempPlayer = null
          • Set tempInt1 = 0
          • Set tempInt2 = 0
          • Set tempInt3 = 0
          • Set tempInt4 = 0
          • -------- since its all done we need to clean some things up so it doesnt bug up next time someone activates the trigger --------
        • Else - Actions
      • -------- since its all done we need to clean some things up so it doesnt bug up next time someone activates the trigger. --------
      • Set tempString1 = <Empty String>
      • Set tempString2 = <Empty String>
i also added a trigger just to tell the player how much gold he has.
  • gold check
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -gc as An exact match
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -gc as An exact match
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -gc as An exact match
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -gc as An exact match
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -gc as An exact match
      • Player - Player 6 (Orange) types a chat message containing -gc as An exact match
      • Player - Player 7 (Green) types a chat message containing -gc as An exact match
      • Player - Player 8 (Pink) types a chat message containing -gc as An exact match
      • Player - Player 9 (Gray) types a chat message containing -gc as An exact match
      • Player - Player 10 (Light Blue) types a chat message containing -gc as An exact match
      • Player - Player 11 (Dark Green) types a chat message containing -gc as An exact match
      • Player - Player 12 (Brown) types a chat message containing -gc as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set tempInt1 = (Player number of tempPlayer)
      • Game - Display to tempPlayerGroup the text: (You have + ((String(playersGoldDeposited[tempInt1])) + gold in your bank))
here is a test map. just try it out you can deposit and withdraw gold. note that gold will be added to the player every 5 seconds so u can see how this works with more gold.

Attachments

• gold bank withdraw deposit and gold check.w3x
    23.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Celalith

C

Celalith

Word cannot describe how grateful I am ........ Thank you

Level 29
Although gold usage is MPI...I think better to do it MUI, where gold is the bank's total money and each peasant/unit has it's own money, hashtable or unit indexer will take part of this...

Also you dont need that player group, just display a texttag on top of the bank or better yet, a message containing playersGoldDeposited[playerindex] gold...

Level 29
its a banking system for players. so making it MUI is pointless.
a texttag is more processing i believe than displaying the message to the playerGroup
i never destroy the player group. i simply use it to add and remove that player at the time he triggers it so it is efficient. Its just like adding one unit to a unit group then removing that unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.