• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Death Sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I was curious if there was anyway to change the sound a model makes upon death? I always find it funny when people make male archers from female models that scream like women when they die. Also, as a modeler myself, i find this a bit of a pain in the ass. So is there a way to change this?

Level 2
Easy?

That may not be an "easy" mod for everyone. Is there a tutorial you can point us to that shows how to do this?

Level 16
Speaking of alfred, doesn't he give himself those DC's for the models?

I know you can make some awesome stuff, but your output is weak. Alf's is weaker, but it better. Rightfield constantly makes stuff, so he doesn't count.

Are there any other sounds manipulatable within mdl editing, because voices are stuck in the sound and obj. editor?

Level 25
Hey, I only release stuff when I think others can benefit from it, I have a large ammount of unfinished stuff as well. And me and Alfred are both lazy <_<;;;. And I also do a bit of NWN modding, a bit of terraining, bit of comic making, a lot of things, hence why I don't release much. Hell, I should have released my Orc Spearthrower ages ago after I got permission from the creater of the skin to use the skin on the model <_<

Anywho, the EventObjects are used only for the dying sounds, the rest of the sounds are all done from the soundsets. There are a few more models with dying sounds, but I forgot which ones they were. The other important use of EventObjects is to make those blood spurts in the death animations, and they occaisionly pop up in animation transfers and geomerges in the wrong place

Status
Not open for further replies.