• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Deals more damage when low on health

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Howdy. I want to make my unit get more % damage the lower his health % is. For instance, if he loses 1% health he gains 1% in damage, or if he loses 50% of health he does 50% more damage, and so on. And after first trying to make a trigger myself (Im absolutely terrible at it, barely understand a thing) and searching the forums, Im still stuck. Can anyone help me?

Level 7
first you will need a damage detection engine
  • Display Damage
  • Events
  • Game - GDD_Event becomes Equal to 0.00
  • Conditions
  • level of (damage based off of health) for GDD_DamageSource = 1
  • Actions
  • set real1 = percentlife of GDD_DamageSource
  • set real1 = 100-real1
  • cause GDDDamageSource to damage GDD_DamgedUnit dealing 50*real1
this is how you would basically do it.

Level 29
  • cause GDDDamageSource to damage GDD_DamgedUnit dealing 50*real1

that will crash the game...

this would do it...
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of GDD_DamageSource) Equal to Blood Mage //this is only a sample...
    • Actions
      • Set MaxLife = (Max life of GDD_DamageSource)
      • Set MaxLifeRamainder = (MaxLife - (Life of GDD_DamageSource))
      • Unit - Cause GDD_DamagedUnit to damage GDD_DamagedUnit, dealing MaxLifeRamainder damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Level 7
that will crash the game...

this would do it...
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of GDD_DamageSource) Equal to Blood Mage //this is only a sample...
    • Actions
      • Set MaxLife = (Max life of GDD_DamageSource)
      • Set MaxLifeRamainder = (MaxLife - (Life of GDD_DamageSource))
      • Unit - Cause GDD_DamagedUnit to damage GDD_DamagedUnit, dealing MaxLifeRamainder damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

i wasn't using the world editor,(what would cause it to crash?)
on a side not
oh yeah and you have to turn off the damage detection engine then turn it back on Because if you don't warcraft 3 will crash because you caused an infinite loop (it will keep damaging the target unit.)

Level 3
Is it possible just to give him a +damage ability when lower than lets say 75%, give him a stronger one when below 50% and remove it again when he is over 50/75%?

Status
Not open for further replies.