• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Deadwood

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Description: In this altered Melee map there has been an zombie outbreak. The rules of life, and death are altered in this game for those who die will eventually come back as the undead, but these undead have a hunger for all races (even Undead). Within 10 minutes of game time there will also be a zombie outbreak. Zombies will spawn throughout the map over time until everyone is dead, or if you can defeat the zombie boss hidden (not really) somewhere on the map. This map was also a dropped project for I got over the project itself. Still playable, and very fun, and I may pick up the project for a second and final update if the map is popular enough.
Suggested players: Melee lovers, Zombie fanatics
Author: Evident-Pain

Keywords:
Altered, Melee, Zombie, outbreak, survival, hard, deadly, death, life, Zombies.
Contents

Deadwood (Map)

Reviews
21:58, 22nd Nov 2012 Orcnet: see review
Level 15
Full Review Emerges

Aside from the comments above; I must say that the map is plain nothing...
Zombies are cluttered everywhere, poor choices of doodads (floating rocks from Outland, seriously?), and terrain is just awkwardly random.

While I can see you're attempting fuse normal melee/skirmish map into a zombie themed. I really like that idea, though you must know that it takes some important things to make a good melee map
Do visit this page and I hope you read that tutorial thing
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-278/how-create-melee-maps-187652/index2.html

Not rating or whatsoever...

Level 5
This map is something I uploaded because I forgot I even had it. It's a dropped project, and I don't care what happens with it. Not even sure if I bothered protecting the map. I only accept wanted advice, sorry.

Edited: This map was also a stepping stone in learning how to create custom maps. I've used no tutorials so I learned from trial and error.

Edited #2: I was just insulted by the way he "reviewed" my map. I tend to get offended easily, and I'm sorry.

Last edited:
Level 20
This map is something I uploaded because I forgot I even had it. It's a dropped project, and I don't care what happens with it. Not even sure if I bothered protecting the map. I only accept wanted advice, sorry.

Edited: This map was also a stepping stone in learning how to create custom maps. I've used no tutorials so I learned from trial and error.

Edited #2: I was just insulted by the way he "reviewed" my map. I tend to get offended easily, and I'm sorry.

Nahh, that's okay, some people on this site do that also :p

Level 30
Map Review
Deadwood (No Version/s Stated)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Deadwood" is a melee game that course you and other players to battle it out in a zombie infested map.

"The zombie-apocalyptic theme is a very notable from previous maps and it is widely spread across Epicwar if I can remember correctly I already made reviews with highly detailed forms of such genre during the old days, this one is somehow interesting but to the fact that it keeps spawning a lot it will end up lagging some players that has a low spec of its computer use so probably a handy trigger analysis will do the job for this, also it takes a lot of effort to bail out the zombies and it ended me up defending the base rather than creep out, expand, and the main goal, destroy enemy base. Another problem is the 'Zombie Brute' its normal attack uses the 'Pulverize' ability and has a very long hp which is hard to take out and very irritating to kill when this creep randomly attacks your base." and worse, that very huge abomination boss that is very unstable. I highly suggest you decrease these custom abomination units' stats and reduce the spawning of zombies, also you should try out other zombie characteristics along the way. because last time I check it the game play was fair but to the fast increase of zombie spawns it becomes very repetitive."

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Terrain is wide and few on doodads, but the use of barren tress is dependable, my suggestion is if this would be a zombie like state, causing rotting grounds, and decay environment, try using themes as 'Felwood' or 'Dalaran Ruins', that way it can make an atmosphere for zombie decors, another is doodad ruins and so, or anything related to necro-like ideas."

Management

addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"To conclude, it would be great, but it is unfortunate to those who lack high specs of computer and would cause lags, in this case how about make a trigger that would only limit how many zombies are already in the map ex. 20 zombies spread across map only and make them wander on map so that they won't end up camping in the wrong side of the map, or make a trigger that show a timer that a few zombies will raid your main base in xx seconds and then just splatter a few ones in the map, also the map is not an altered melee mainly because not a single race is been edited so it still melee and just a category survival to not confuse players. and lastly some icon error the attributes part just set it back to its default path since it turns out green. If you can actually add more ideas in the map or so, you can re-upload it and work it here in the Map Development forum, that way many users can help you, I can help you, if your still up to it, good luck and happy map making."

WC3ScrnShot_112212_203420_01.jpg WC3ScrnShot_112212_204213_02.jpg WC3ScrnShot_112212_204359_03.jpg

Total Score:

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
6/1570%D