• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Dao Saber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hi guys,

This is the "Dao Saber"

Dao (Chinese: 刀; pinyin: dāo; Wade-Giles: tao1, "knife") is a category of single-edge Chinese swords primarily used for slashing and chopping (sabres), often called a broadsword in English translation because some varieties have wide blades. In China, the dao is known as one of the four major weapons, along with the Gun (staff), Qiang (spear), and the Jian (sword), and referred to as "The General of All Weapons". Dao is actually a generic word used to denote any member of a family of single-edged, broad-bladed cutting or slicing tools, but in common, everyday usage means knife

Please comment, rate and give critique.

I hope you like it.

Attachments

• DaoSaberBTNDaoSaber.PNG
    DaoSaberBTNDaoSaber.PNG
    7.5 KB · Views: 86
  • DaoSaberDISBTNDaoSaber.PNG
    DaoSaberDISBTNDaoSaber.PNG
    3.6 KB · Views: 91
I personally don't like it when the entire object is shown in the icon, especially when it's a slim object like a sword.
You should rather go for making a detailed icon of the handle in somewhat 2d or the blade alternately seen pointing slightly towards the viewer.

And put some color into that fog, give it more contrast, and don't let it take up the entire image. The fog should be more like a small aura around the sword to fill up the black space and to, as i said, give contrast to the image.
However, this is a well-made icon, and you can clearly see what it resembles, it might not blend in to well with blizzards icon; but nice none the less.

Status
Not open for further replies.