• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Damage over Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ok, so I have a tower that I want to add a dot on the target. I've been successful with using "phoenix fire", there's just a couple of things I can't get working.

If you add "phoenix fire" directly onto my tower it will be like a second attack, i want the attack 1 to put the dot on the target so i tried with something like this -

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Fire Tower
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Phoenix Fire to (Attacked unit)
But that isn't working at all. This is probably an easy thing to do and that's why I couldn't find any thread on the matter...

Ty in advance

Level 11
Ok Phoenix fire is an uncontrollable ability attack. You can't make it replace the normal attack at all. Just get rid of the normal attack and give phoenix fire to the tower by default. (in the object editor and not using a trigger)
Or better yet, use the ability 'Envenomed weapons' to add a DOT to the towers normal attack.

Level 2
Ok Phoenix fire is an uncontrollable ability attack. You can't make it replace the normal attack at all. Just get rid of the normal attack and give phoenix fire to the tower by default. (in the object editor and not using a trigger)
Or better yet, use the ability 'Envenomed weapons' to add a DOT to the towers normal attack.

Ty mate, but I'm still a little confused at how to do it. I tried adding it to the abilities of my tower but there's not dot effect on the target he is attacking, just his normal damage. Then I tried with the similar trigger I used in my previous post but that wasn't working too well either.

Sorry for being a pita, i'm just having a total brain meltdown atm :)

Level 11
It won't show the attack, it'll just work. Add phoenix fire, then remove the tower's normal attack. Then parade enemies past the tower. You'll see the phoenix fire works! (I still don't see why you don't just use the 'Envenomed weapons' ability I suggested earlier) Theres one bug with phoenix fire, a unit being burned by phoenix fire can't be hit with any other phoenix fire from any other unit until the first one goes away.

I would go with the 'Envenomed Weapons' ability.

Level 11
Make sure that 'Check dependencies' is false. Besides that it works for me. The default damage is very small, you might not be able to see it. Try setting it to 10k just to test if its working. (Then set it back to something normal)

Level 2
Make sure that 'Check dependencies' is false. Besides that it works for me. The default damage is very small, you might not be able to see it. Try setting it to 10k just to test if its working. (Then set it back to something normal)

It worked! Ty so much :) had forgotten about the check dependencies, or, not forgotten, I didn't know about it... anyways, TY :)

Status
Not open for further replies.