• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Dalaran Clashing

Reactions: Orcnet
DALARAN CLASHING

MAP TYPE: Melee
SUGGESTED PLAYERS: 1v1
TILESET: Dalaran

Simple melee map suggested for two players.

MAP STORY:
It was rainy day when golems take off the Dalaran Tavern. Defeat the golems at the middle of the city and make your way to attack your enemy. Be careful, the bandits, who are also in the city, will be looking for you.

GOLD MINES:
Starting Gold Mines: 15000
2x Gold Mines: 12500

NEUTRAL BUILDINGS:
2x Goblin Merchant
2x Goblin Laboratory
1x Tavern

CREEP CAMPS:
4x Green camps
6x Orange camps
3x Red camps

AUTHOR:
pandino

overall.jpg

PLEASE! Please report any bugs.

Keywords:
dalaran, melee, 1v1, golems, simple map, small map, clash, warcraft, frozen, throne, fast, game, medieval, footman, goblin, laboratory
Contents

Dalaran Clashing (Map)

Reviews
08:44, 28th Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Approved
Level 30
Map Review: Dalaran Clashing

Communityportal.png
storywritingart.gif
"Dalaran Clashing" a melee map where you astonish your forces in a small city in Dalaran and claim its territories for your own.

Note: I provided you a map replay of mine if you don't have the time to read my reviews, or how I viewed your game. enjoy!

Dalaran Clashing [No Version/s Stated]

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

General:

Gameplay-[5/5]
Note: Were I pronounce your game challenging or a waste of time.

Playability-[5/5]
Note: This part tells me if the game is rather fun and can be played again and again.

Terrain-[5/5]
Note: Were I tell your game's environmental display is either great or terrible.

Managing-[5/5]
Note: This is were I explain the output or outcome quality of the game.

Bug/s
Note: No score, just to tell your map has bugs on it or simply bug-free.

Overall-[20/20]

About My Reputations:

reputation_pos.gif
My complements for the Maker/s of the map's game.

reputation_neg.gif
Were I explain your map needs to get fix or make an improvement of your work.

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

reputation_neg.gif
The Game was fine indeed since its only a melee, but to clear my observations so far, the difficulty of the map was uprising! mostly all of the creep camps of the game are nocturnal, its too risky to charge in your enemy's base because the area's destinations are too near to there camps and can collapse your strategies, I do see a fixed Goblin Laboratory nearby of every starting locations of each players, however creep camps are the serious topic I could explain for this section.

Playability

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

reputation_neg.gif
Recreated game of this map is good and I approve it as a game tactic situation. however, what I stated above are my useful suggestions for your map's improvement, if you still think your map's difficulty is fine, I recommend you to carefully view and observe a blizzard melee map known as "Terenas Stand", its the most useful map sample for a 1v1 map and I can tell you now that its your choice to follow it.

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

reputation_neg.gif
The Terrain of the map is neutral to explain, since the area is too small and creep camps are way near in the players distance to either bolster or destroy the player's sources in the game, I found no good doodad placement as well, and so as the lumber resources are quite a few, since you constructed the map with dalaran building cliffs that I find it inferior to the map's output, I do suggest to improve your terrain but I would never let you enlarge your map because I know you want your map to be small and well made for a 1v1 match.

Managing

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

reputation_neg.gif
Throughout my conclusions of the game, I find lack of quality of your map's melee game, you see, Tavern/s doesn't need to have creep camps to guard the neutral building/s, it has to be free since that is the proper way of balancing a good melee map, especially not rating it as the strongest creep camp for the map. speaking of creeps, I too as well observe your game's creeping situation must be improved too, the very first creep farm I started was so near in each players base that you had to step away your vulnerable units in that distance. I advise you to restart your creep level that is good enough for a 1v1 melee match, and same way on how you place them in the entire map.

Bug/s

CLEAN

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
10/2075%C

194715-albums4513-picture44055.gif
[Fair!]
Hope you can do better than before, Goodluck!
happy map-making!

Attachments

• Map Review.w3g
    100.9 KB · Views: 119