• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

D3 Prep - What gear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Just doing a run through with some of my characters to figure out what the ideal/best gear is for pre-d3 (i.e. while preparing for D3).

To this point, I've found the following:

Cleric/Bishop: Ogre Magi Staff, Holy Book, Pendant of Magic, Witch Circle Hat, and either Ogre Magi Robes or Thaumaturgist robes.

Mage/Sorc: Ogre Magi Staff, Sparkling Jewel, Pendant of Magic, Witch Circle Hat, and either Ogre Magi Robes or Thaumaturgist robes.

Ranger/Hunter: Cold Death, Quiver of Arcane Bowman, ????, Fisherman's Friend, Cultist Vestments.

What is the ideal 'Accessory' for Ranger at this point?

Squire/Crusader: ????, The Wall, Soldier Gauntlets or Searing Gauntlets, ????

What is the ideal 'Weapon', and the ideal 'Armor' for Squire at this point?

Thief/Assassin: ????, ????, Gloves of Swiftness, Fisherman's Friend, Cultist Vestment.

What is the ideal 'Weapon', and the ideal 'Misc' for Thief at this point?

Level 2
Ranger/Hunter: Cold Death, Quiver of Arcane Bowman, ????, Fisherman's Friend, Cultist Vestments.

If you're going the hunter route, there's a nice accessory that can be dropped/stolen from (I believe) sanev called ring of the shadows. It's like a buffed ring of the rogue. For druids or soon-to-be druids, The Protector drops a caster ammy, 'pendant of magic'.

Don't forget helmets - You'll have pretty much 2 options: Helmet of the Sergeant (d1) or, probably better, Gnoll Helmet from the 12/13/14 gnolls.

For armor, you'll want Green Scale Armor from the protector. Alternatively, you can farm a 'well crafted harness' from the 20/21 gnolls.

Weapon: easy choice - Blacksmith's Revenge (bought in the city for 2000g from the blacksmith).

Thief/Assassin: ????, ????, Gloves of Swiftness, Fisherman's Friend, Cultist Vestment.

Weapon: again, easy choice - Blacksmith's Revenge

Misc: You'll probably want the kitchen knife from the 20/21 gnolls. Else, you can steal assassin's blade from D1 bosses (probably slightly better dps only if you have lots of str for more armor pen)

Also, Samurai's Vest (20/21 gnolls) is better than cultist's for Thief/Sin

Level 2
Some overlooked items:

Tanking the waves at d3:
Protector's Blade; from d2 water elementals, Sanev and the Protector offers +2 armour, granting armour superiority.

Blacksmith's revenge; would be better otherwise at Lady and the remaining bosses.

Ritualist's Blade; stolen only from the Protector d2 offers more attack speed than Blacksmith's revenge, and is a viable alternative.

Piercing Longbow from the Ogres offers high armour penetration, and is superior to Cold Death in dealing damage in d3 owing to the high armour on mobs and bosses alike.

Level 3
Speaking of squire you need to max your armor, even if it costs you aggro loose. So "Well crafted Harness" and "Protector blade" will make it much more possible to do d3 than other items. When you have 30+ armor, you can start thinking about your dmg for aggro.

Also i can add that you need to go full con, till you get proper armor. But that's just my opinion.

Level 4
Just doing a run through with some of my characters to figure out what the ideal/best gear is for pre-d3 (i.e. while preparing for D3).

To this point, I've found the following:

Cleric/Bishop: Ogre Magi Staff, Holy Book, Pendant of Magic, Witch Circle Hat, and either Ogre Magi Robes or Thaumaturgist robes.

Mage/Sorc: Ogre Magi Staff, Sparkling Jewel, Pendant of Magic, Witch Circle Hat, and either Ogre Magi Robes or Thaumaturgist robes.

this guys a **
troll at best.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Angry
Reactions: Rui
Status
Not open for further replies.