• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Spells for wc3 roc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
All right I know this can be done and I know roc players can see the spells (if this is even a problem) because i play with roc-only players.
WOTJ {War or the Jewels) and SoV (Siege of Valinor) both have custom spells. For example, a healing spells with a different icon that can be cast on oneself and others with a different animation and instant casting and even different heal ranges, tool tips, names, and damage components. I've also noticed an instant Death Coil in a rivaling BFME (Battle for Middle Earth). Yes i'm a very active LotR player.

I go into the world editor to try to make my deathcoil instant (Yes, I have TFT installed). I make it instant with no problem, try to save, WE makes it tft only. I try this with a few different spells, same way and different ways (increase speed of spell). No luck. I uninstall tft AND roc and only reinstall roc hoping this would be the problem. Nope...WE in roc only form has no spell ability button

As you may have gotten from my speedy rant on about this, I am pretty aggitated/aggrivated/P'd off/pissed off.

Any help on this? In shorter words....
How do I make custom spells for roc? Do I need xdep to make it roc? Do I need that mpq shit? What do I need to do to set custom, or modified, spells into my game? :confused:

Level 4
Idk if that will help, but if you rename it from ".w3x" to "w3m" you get the map for RoC.

Level 5
I know it can be done...do I just take the w3x map in xdep and make it w3m? Will that even work?

Status
Not open for further replies.