• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

custom skin issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
hi guys, i recently loaded a skin into my map for the spellbreaker model, however i didn't like it so i deleted it from the imported files in my map. however, when i reload the map the skin is still there and i cannot get the original spellbreaker icon back. can someone tell me how to fix this?

Level 2
Thus steps into the realm of theory...

If the "bug" holds true when the map is loaded in a different editor. Once could in theory protect icons/skins by having a pure black model loaded, deleted, and switched for the one wanting to be used?

If that works, then maybe people wouldn't be overly afraid of shipping unprotected maps around, as something like that would make the average joe looking to steal the map think it was bugged.

Status
Not open for further replies.