1. Triumph has risen from these uncharted shores. The 34th Modeling Contest Results are out!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Awaken what lies in the heart of your swarm. The 17th Techtree Contest has arrived!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Hive Workshop is launching its first HD modelling contest. How HD should it be?
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff Job Openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Custom colors

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by MasterHaosis, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Geries

Geries

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    OK here is the one solution WITHOUT editing MPQ! You think I am joking... Well you may right.. but not this time.

Tutorial:

Step one: Download AllowLocal.zip, open it and execute the .reg file you can find in it.( You only need to do this once for infinite fun )
    Step two: Download TeamColor00.tga, and put it into "YourWarIIIFolder\ReplaceableTextures\TeamColor\" like you would do if you imported it into a map.( I attached TeamGlow00.tga for more pwning effects - put it into "YourWarIIIFolder\ReplaceableTextures\TeamGlow\" )

Create a map to test player red, or use an existing one. Woilla green team color!

Yea it will work only for a single person not for every you play with.

This method works for also team glows, other colors, and other shits I won't tell you ;P

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  2. Statharas

Statharas

Resources:
    Tools:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Geries, you do realize that this only works well, duh, only for you? Like the MPQs? "You think i am joking", lawl.

3. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Statharas, exactly. And this is how it should be for now... If anyone discovers how new colors can be added, or current altered one visible to other players aswell, lets us know.

NOW MORTALS!
    GERIES IS FUCKING AWESOME EXTRA SEXY COOL GUY!
    HE FOUND A EASY WAY TO ALTER COLORS WITHOUT EDITING MPQ, AND MAPS!
    All you need is just to put that his registry file in your WC3 folder, and create ReplaceableTextures there. Inside that folder you must create two folders, TeamColor and TeamGlow.
    So altering colors is easy, just put tga color. For example TeamColor00.tga for replacing red, and such... Do not like new color? Okay, just select and delete it, and it will turn back to red. or add new one TeamColor00.
    NOTE THAT YOU MUST USE TeamGlow00.tga too, because teamGlow is responsible for portraits team colors and hero glows!
    And here, it all works, its tested out now
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    As you can see its working well! geries just made us much easier to edit colors without editing map or MPQ!!!
    geries, rep for you!

4. The Reborn Devil

The Reborn Devil

Resources:
    Resources:
    Too bad it will effect every map you play, and it's just local :/

5. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Nice trick geries, but you don't need file at all.
    Open Registry editor (start menu - run - regedit), find warcraft 3 and edit Allow Local Files value (default is 0, set it to 1).

You can edit more things here like hp bars, resolution screen and so on (well wc3 options more or less).

This will allow you to edit color of all maps on your computer on single map if you import texture into it regularly.

6. Geries

Geries

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Dude, you know that usually there is no registry entry or it is set to 1. Rare when there is an entry already with 0. Also it is easier to execute this than go through all steps. Am I right? Ofc I am.

LOL! :D OK you wasted here 5-15 mins to do that bro ;P

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III"

I think I have already told that. This way or MPQ edit or nothing.

Each have positives and negatives. Like with this you trash the whole warcraft folder, if you choose MPQedit then you have to backup your MPQ, cause if you want to undo these actions you can restore it otherwise you would have to reinstall whole Warcraft. OK you can only make a copy of TeamColors you overwrite but you won't have a clean MPQ anymore. Also war3patch,local,x.mpqs can cause trouble.

Nope. You have to run only once and you can delete it.

7. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Obviously you do not have to modify the MPQ if you enable local files... This still has the same usability problems as with the other solution since you cannot just download a map and have it usable (you will always need to do something else).

8. JesusHipster

JesusHipster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Wow, that's pretty creative

9. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes, but guys, I forgot to say you, altering MPQ directly can cause some problems to WorldEditor, at least mine. I was unable to load any of maps via any of WE I had (original, WEU, and JassNewGen) because they all reported same problems that map cannot be loaded because TeamColor08.blp file is corrupted. I replaced that grey with purple, and got that problem. I then changed back color to original grey, and still got same problem! Game did not have any of problems but World Editor had. And only with one color TeamColor08.blp. I replaced few colors and he only found problem at it. For extracting/importing blps I used mpq master.

So, this geries's solution is the best, allowing local files, but let me tell you here is only one drawback we found for now. It is statistics after finishing game. For example, if you replace red for that green, after finishing game you will still be red on statistic.
    I do not know how, but statistic is somehow not reading local files.
    I think geries will think something regard this to fix it, he already showed great knowledge.
    However this drawback can be fixed in campaign by changing player's name color via triggers. I am not sure, I think that once I changed my name's color from red to pink by testing long time ago, and in statistic I was pink, therefore in campaign you will need just to do that. But again, I am not sure 100%, I just think that coloring name will color name in statistic.

10. Map Designer

Map Designer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    This is why I have 3 or 4 copies of Warcraft III: one has patch changed to play online, one is original, and one has campaigns extracted( because I was afraid I will change them to so)

Edit: this way, you can just change with one and save it in the other folder or so. btw, just today, I could not open the latest version of my map (cannot load and no error message, cannot load message, never mind, I just used the previous one)

11. Statharas

Statharas

Resources:
    Tools:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That's encryption issues. Your fault.

But really now, the Allow Local Files is basically your option of modding Wc3's visuals, like adding higher res UI.

12. TaShadan

TaShadan

Resources:
    Resources:
    a friend of mine has a MAC... is it possible to allow local files on MAC?

13. TaShadan

TaShadan

Resources:
    Resources:
    is there a way to change the Minimap color of the playing player? i want to use white as a player color but the playing player color on the minimap is white too... so i you play vs a white player units on the minimap are a mess =o