• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Custom Campaigns in latest Warcraft version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello everyone, I've just finished reinstalling warcraft after a couple of years with the sole purpose of playing some Custom Campaigns, but the option in the menu isn't there? Am I missing something or what, how can I play them juicy Custom Campaigns?

Level 29
Hey, hope I can help you. So the latest version of Warcraft III, which is as we may know, Reforged, does not support the custom campaign. The latest Warcraft III version that has a custom campaign is 1.31.1. While latest version generates significant amount of bugs, especially the unit event trigger and black screen bug, you can still play custom campaign assuming your Warcraft III version is not Reforged. You can download the older version of Warcraft III (not Reforged) using the link below.

WC3 Download Archive (1.00 - 1.31.1 + BETA & DEMO)
NOTE: You can also install multiple versions of Warcraft III by using the "Game Files" method.

After you do that, go to Documents folder and you will see a folder called "Warcraft III". In there you must make a new folder called "Campaigns". Put the custom campaign (w3n files) in there. For the older version of the game, the "Campaigns" folder is located in your game folder.

To play the game, make sure you start using "Warcraft III.exe", NOT the Launcher, and do NOT hit the Battle.net button. If you are using older version, you use "Frozen Throne.exe" instead. Anything that's related to Battle.net (like the Launcher or the button in-game) will update your game to Reforged. Go to "Single Player" -> "Custom Campaign" and then you should see your campaign. Select one and then click "Play Campaign" button.

If you still have trouble let me know, and let me know what your folders look like, and I will see if I can help more!

It is also important to use the recommended Warcraft III version for each custom campaign. Some of them require 1.30.4 (like the Dwarf Campaign) and some 1.31.1 (The Lord of the Clans). You can install all required versions side-by-side on your computer. The old versions only take 1–2 GB of your hard disk space, so it's feasible to have many versions of the game.

Level 29
It is also important to use the recommended Warcraft III version for each custom campaign. Some of them require 1.30.4 (like the Dwarf Campaign) and some 1.31.1 (The Lord of the Clans). You can install all required versions side-by-side on your computer. The old versions only take 1–2 GB of your hard disk space, so it's feasible to have many versions of the game.
I have 1.29, 1.30.4 and 1.31.1 files, which don't take a lot of GBs.
But 1.31.1 has a lot of bugs, though. Aside from broken trigger caused by the save-load thing, the most annoying one is the black screen problem after exiting the score screen.
1.30.4 and 1.29 are just fine without broken trigger and black screen problem.

Level 2
I've got it working and now I can play the Custom Campaings! Thanks for all the help!

Level 1
which version it is ? and its 100 pourcent safe to download it ?

sorry trying my best to understand english

Status
Not open for further replies.