• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Curse as aoe spell ?is this passible? PLs help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I wannted to have a curse spell as a aoe spell (e g blizzard)I mad a trigger for it but the problem is that istead of casting curse on every unit in area. The trigger casts it only on 1. I have turned all values of curse to 0 (e.g. cooldown 0, manacost 0 etc.) Here is the trigger i hope u can help me.
  • Banshees Curse
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Abiliy beimg cast) Equal to Banshee´s Curse
  • Actions
    • Unit - Creat 1 Curse for (Owner of (Casting uniz)) at (Target point of ability being cast) facing (Position of (Casting unit))
    • Unit - Set level of Curse for (Last created unit) to (Level of Banshee´s Curse for (casting unit))
    • Unit - Add a10.00 seconds Generic expiration timer to (last created unit)
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within (205.00+(50.00x(Real((Level of Banshee´s Curse for (Casting unit)))))) of (Position of (Last created unit))) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • ((Picked unit) is alive) Equal to True
            • ((Picked unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Casting unit))) Equal to true
          • Then - Actions
            • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Banshee - Curse (Picked unit)
          • Else - Actions
PLS HELP ME this spell is very important for my map!!!!!!!!:sad::sad::sad:

Level 8
Instead of using a trigger, can't you set it to an AoE in the Spell options? I mean set an area of effect, number of targets = 99999999, targets allowed non-ally/enemy?

Level 8
Odd, it must be that the curse spell does not have that minibox...

Well then, just personally I would not use a dummy caster, I just find them to be WAY to glichy.

And instead of adding an experation timer of 10, could you not just remove unit at the end of the trigger due to the instantaneous casting of the spell?

Level 8
Ohhh! I usually have LOTS of effects running so they have time to cast....

And yes that sounds like a good idea.

Level 11
I can't believe I'm seeing all these noobish answers. No offense, but it pains to even look at them. Changing the AoE of an instant spell with no AoE will do NOTHING. You can't make an evasion aura by setting the spell's AoE to a value greater than 0 for example. Just like changing the buff won't change the spell's actual effect (what it does!). It only changes the eye-candy and the description of the buff itself. If you don't know a thing, don't just make false suppositions. First try your solution, and THEN provide it if it actually works.

Fortunately, I have the solution for you. The secret for this spell is actually Silence. It was designed in such a manner that it has a "Chance to Miss" field, just like curse. Disable the silencing effect, and increase the chance to miss to how effective you want the curse to be. And voila, you have your AoE curse. :)

-Mihai

Status
Not open for further replies.