• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Critical error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
This is triggered aura that is active when is night and inactive when is day "defense reduction aura". The problem come when is night as far as i see, and it appears at random time of gameplay some times after 4-5 minutes some time after 20. If you know how to fix this please tell me or tell me another way to do it (ability is for more than 1 hero (unit) ). Here is my trigger.
  • Learn
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Night
    • Actions
      • Set DayNightHero = (Triggering unit)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Night for (Learning Hero)) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Night (for ability) to (Learning Hero)
        • Else - Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((In-game time of day) Greater than or equal to 18.00) or ((In-game time of day) Less than or equal to 6.00)
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set level of Night (for ability) for (Learning Hero) to ((Level of Night for (Learning Hero)) + 1)
        • Else - Actions
  • Day
    • Events
      • Game - The in-game time of day becomes Greater than or equal to 6.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set level of Night for DayNightHero to ((Level of Night (for ability) for DayNightHero) - 1)
      • Unit - Set level of Night (for ability) for DayNightHero to 1
  • Night
    • Events
      • Game - The in-game time of day becomes Greater than 18.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set level of Night (for ability) for DayNightHero to ((Level of Night for DayNightHero) + 1)

Level 9
I remember seeing somewhere a tutorial how to make ability of this sort... Dont remember where, it was connected to DotA, though.

Anyway, you'd have to use 2 events or an additional condition, checking if the time of day is less than some value (to define the day/night-time).

Edit:
Similar thread here:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f269/how-detect-night-day-104181/, check Lord_Bones's post.

Edit2:
300th post, duh.

Status
Not open for further replies.