• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creepy Forest v3.95w

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
The Creepy Forest 3.95w

40 Custom Heroes with 25 lvl // nearly 160 custom Items // adaptable AI
Choose a race, an Hero and your strategy !

The base is a lane combat system, but the deep forest hide some powerful items ! The drop system is based on diablo II, chances to drop good stuff is increased with magic find charms. The allow player to seek support with upgradable troops. Those troops are moved automatically. There is also a side quest, which is enabled with the four stones. The idea was to merge what I liked the most in some Dota and Battle TD map ; the ability to upgrade your hero and buy good stuff, the abilty to seek revenge or victory in mass flooding of troops. This allow to make a new platform for strategy and combat.
Average time of parties depends on AI difficulty, in Hardcore, it's usually a duration of approx 45min - 1h15.
The description of heroes is in french, but the game is totally playable since the main part of text is in english.

That was really painful to make this thing work with pace, nerves for the AI, and most of all, pleasure with the gameplay.
I made every script from scratch except the ones cited in the code for merge items. I basically learned a lot of warcraft mapping with this first project for warcraft.
First project for blizzard platform, but I collaborated to some cool projects in the past on hammer editor, such mapping contest or an official Natural Selection map. So the aesthetic and quality aspects of maps I usually do are important to me.

I hope you'll enjoy what I did during confinement ^^

All ressources are from Blizzard Ent. Except the sounds from streak system, from Unreal and Quake III Arena. I made it Open Source, so feel free to copy paste the assist or streak system, etc.. if you see it as better than yours, but please mention it !
I made a comment type of action to simply cut/past with the code, please stick it to your copy ! Thank you ! :)
196566-caa12a748916ad39ffbcaf0c4459773d.png
Previews
Contents

Creepy Forest v3.95w (Map)

Reviews
No update for months. Set to useful/simple.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Well, for starters: Map Description - Templates

Now, on to the review of this AoS. You've put a lot of work into it, based on what I saw while playing it. You've got interesting custom heroes and a lot of custom items as well. The problem with the heroes is that they barely got any synergy on their spells. You see, heroes in an AoS must have at least 2 or 3 spells that can combo when they are combined. A mere example is: My hero reduces the magic resistance of the enemy hero, my Arcane Bolt deals magic damage to the target. See what I'm talking about? Synergy, spells combined leading to a more nice and attracting gameplay. I could barely understand what the spells and items do since 95% of the tooltips are in French as you already said. It is required to be in English. Not only for approval but also to help people understand your game. Not everyone speaks French. Spells dont have a detailed tooltip, as in describing the cooldown time or how they evolve at each level (this in the unlearned skills section).I like the idea of training troops that target the enemy team. Bonus points for the nice variety of the units you can train. The shop area is very confusing. I've been at that point for a long time, until I switched to the single merchant system with multiple shop pages which I highly recommend it to you. It would be way better if each player could have access faster to the shops rather than walking to the middle. I really wanted to test it further but at this point, it cannot be approved. This one goes in Awaiting Update for now. Fix what I mentioned. It has good potential and would be sad to waste it.