• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creating Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So I searched this section and all I saw was "How to attach this weapon to my model" - a lot of them.

My problem is, I want to remove a weapon from a unit and make the weapon alone an attachment. I can remove vertices from a model (making the unit weaponless, or weapon alone) but the problem is the attaching point, the animations, etc. So when you attach the model, it seems like the unit is holding the invisible model with the sword floating. I don't know anything about the skeleton/geosets of a model.

I tried to separate the Captain's body from his shield and sword, I did well with the unit but the sword.

Level 3
I am using vertex modify and War3 Model Editor to view.

I tried dragging to the axis but when I open at the model editor to view, it is still away from the axis. Take note: I didn't mess with the nodes so I think there is still the body, only invisible.

Can you do one for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.