• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creating a Profession System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
Hello there, first I'd start with that this might require advanced triggering skills for it to work perfectly. If you're new to triggering, I'm afraid you might not help me here.

The Profession System in my dictionary is a system that automatically detects items required, held, number of charges of items, and afterwards, creates the desired item. Event in this condition are not the problem, though I'm making it when a unit casts a certain spell (I know this part xD).

I'm trying to create the whole Profession system in possibly 2 triggers, where 1 of them is activated as Map Initialization which sets variables. In theory, the system is simple, but in practice I can't make it. The following variables must be used in it:

1. List of all recipes
2. List of all createable items
3. Number of required items for each createable item
4. List of all required items for each createable item
5. Required charges of each required items for each createable item

So the trigger should include all of these variables, which are set in map initialization trigger. The system may include few more triggers, if necessary. At the moment, I have no idea how to make it, and I'd like some help creating it.

Any help is rewarded with rep and thanks.

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
That depends on what's Recipe System, if it's a system that changes items when buying clearly to get the "scroll" as Recipe, then it isn't.
If Recipe System is a system that combines certain items in a new one, then Profession System = Recipe System, though in my case it uses charges as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.