• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Create an AI GUI Trigger and give to me >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Someone with a great marvelous terrific and good hearth can make a full AI GUI trigger and pass it to me? I can't create this alone... All in hive i found that are good for what i want are made by jass, i don't understand NOTHING of jass.
I just want make the AI enter in game (obvious), walk attack and use spells. I wont make it back when low hp, i wont make it buy item, i wont make it sleep etc. Just the basic, walk attack and use spells (in enemies of course).
If you are reading this untill now and didn't run away saying "Don't fuck dude no one will do this for you" an obs: The hero select system is that of circle of power, where an unit enters in and then choose the hero, i think that making the AI walk is enough to them choose the hero.

Level 20
Your AI mechanics are easy, just walk and use spells right? It is simple to code that BUT remember that if you have triggered dummy orders in some spells then your totally screwed, computer players will always control units without exception ( including locust units ) and you cannot stop them using external scripts ^^.

Edit: Send me the map, I will code it for you.

Level 20
WC3 GUI is so limited/hard to use that few people make an AI system using it.
Basically this is right, GUI is literally not an option to code AI because most of it's functions are limited and just making some things complicated.
The best example of this is the GUI function in issuing order;
(Since AI only takes user-command)
  • Unit - Order (Triggering Unit) to Neutral - Firebolt (Picked unit)
As you can see the order parameter is a preset-constant where you can't use a stored variable.

JASS function in issuing order example;
JASS:
// OnInit store needed OrderId's in an integer variable
set udg_fireboltId = 852231

// Use it
call IssueTargetOrderById(u, udg_fireboltId, p)
You can see that the parameters are not limited and uses an OrderId which makes it an integer. This is very effective to use especially when you need to loop through global orders.

Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Your AI mechanics are easy, just walk and use spells right? It is simple to code that BUT remember that if you have triggered dummy orders in some spells then your totally screwed, computer players will always control units without exception ( including locust units ) and you cannot stop them using external scripts ^^.

Edit: Send me the map, I will code it for you.

It's not easy. He said he wants the AI to use spells.
And it's not easy to make a AI use spells in a non-retarded way. In fact, it's close to impossible without super-mega-long code.

Status
Not open for further replies.