• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Cp,Income tiggers problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi i want to make an Azeroth wars tipe map named War in outland.And i wanted to know how do they maked the start.At the start when it is starting to write about your faction and stuff.And the cp,income i don't know how to do that everytime i do the cp it gets destroyed.Not like in Azeroth wars where it is destroyed but it passed to blue or other player that destroy it.And income i tried to much there and i can't get it done right.

yip

yip

Level 3
You can use timed text messages for...well, text. (Game - Text Message).

If you want to make something more complex, check this out:

Cinematics tutorial

I'm not sure what 'cp' means, but you can do income by simply making a timed trigger give players gold/lumber every time X seconds pass. Or is that not it?

Would be great if you elaborated a bit more...

Level 2
Cp=Control points.Like one of the players has a control point and from that control point he gains income.example Control point name: Nagrad (15 gold/min).Lets say blue has it.Then red comes and destroy it but it pass ownership to red and it is not destroyed and the income blue gained from Nagrad now pass to red and blue takes no more income from that.Then blue comes and takes it back and his income is coming from that control point.I hope you understand what i said xD.

yip

yip

Level 3
I see. That's a lot clearer!

For the customized income, you can use integer arrays for each player. For example:

Every 1.00 of game time

Pick every player in (All Players) and do (Add Income[Player Number of (Picked Player)] to (Picked Player)'s current gold

And you can set this variable by having it increase and decrease when a player loses a control point. Something like this (assuming control point 1's control is dictated by a unit in its center, and gives out 15 gold of income):

(CPUnit[1]) is killed

Set (FlagDeathPos) = Position of (Triggering Unit)
Create 1 unit of unit-type (Control Point Flag) at (FlagDeathPos) for (Owner of Killing Unit) facing Default building facing
Set (CPUnit[1]) = Last Created Unit
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_FlagDeathPos)
Set Income[Player Number of (Owner of (Killing Unit))] = Income[Player Number of (Owner of Killing Unit))] + 15
Set Income[Player Number of (Owner of (Triggering Unit))] = Income[Player Number of (Owner of Triggering Unit))] - 15

You can try having other ways of passing ownership of control points, like using regions and whatnot, as I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to accomplish, but I hope you get the gist of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.