• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Could someone make this for me {«Sun» unit that is unpathable and burns units}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Okay I had preplaced a unit on my map called "Sun" and yes its a real sun model of a solar system.

Anyways, the trigger needs to fire like this,

Map start up - Unit at region my "Sun/Unit" which is a structure.

-- Will Not be killed at region.

-- Any "Other unit" will be killed if they enter the region.

If this was not clear enough, let me know i'll see if I can clear it up.

Anyways, I am not looking for hints how to create the trigger I am looking for someone to "Create" this whole trigger so I may copy it and use it.

I am giving credit to everyone on my map who all help me bring this map together.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I will look into this tomorrow. There is probably even a data editor approach to this.

If you are doing an RTS, then you should make the sun unpathable. Nothing will annoy your players more than them ordering their ships to move past a sun but the ships being too stupid to avoid the sun and thus burning up.

Do note that it must kill them with "fire" to assure appropriate visuals are created.

Level 3
Pathing, damn I didnt think of that but how unfun would that be rofl

btw I am checking out the file

This is what happens and I created exactly to what you created in the file.

Map started up,

The UI message came up and (Not suppose to least not until units enter the region besides the sun).

I moved my fleet to location of region, units didn't die but the message displayed just fine for each unit.

Unit - Any Unit Enters Region 001

General - If (Conditions) then do (Actions) else do (Actions)
If- (Unit type of PlanetE [126.25, 127.23]) == PlanetE

Then- UI - Display "Your units had been destroyed - Too..." for (All players) to Debug area

Else- Unit - Kill (Triggering unit)

Last edited by a moderator:

Map started up,

The UI message came up and (Not suppose to least not until units enter the region besides the sun).

I moved my fleet to location of region, units didn't die but the message displayed just fine for each unit.

Make sure you made the condition exactly as I did in the map, switching the 'Sun' (aka marine in that map) to your sun.

Edit: Or change the condition to '(Owner) of unit (Sun) = 0' and make the sun neutral.

Map started up,

Unit - Any Unit Enters Region 001

General - If (Conditions) then do (Actions) else do (Actions)
If- (Unit type of PlanetE [126.25, 127.23]) == PlanetE

Then- UI - Display "Your units had been destroyed - Too..." for (All players) to Debug area

Else- Unit - Kill (Triggering unit)

no no.. Unit type of triggering unit = PlanetE not Unit type of PlanetE = PlanetE

If that doesn't work ^ then upload your map.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
Okay now it works perfectly, though I had to make a slight change to your UI text. I had to put it under Else to make it only work for when new units enter the region.

Thank you for the help. +Rep !

Okay now it works perfectly, though I had to make a slight change to your UI text. I had to put it under Else to make it only work for when new units enter the region.

Thank you for the help. +Rep !

It wasn't meant to tell people when their units were destroyed, it was there to show you that it does nothing lol but thanks for the rep

Level 3
By the way as to giving credit to helping, which name would you prefer to be displayed on the loading screen under credits?

I am working on a leaderboard if you perhaps like to help finish it up I would owe you more rep. lol

However I would prefer that we talk over Skype if you don't mind, may add me as Videz09 if not, then I guess I'll do what I can on here to get you up to speed of what I have so far that is created for the leaderboard.

Not very, as it is to be expected that your ships would not be stupid and suicide into a sun. It is just like how in Diablo III if you instruct your character to walk into a chasm it will stop at the edge and not fall to his death.

As long as he makes a metastasis-type situation it might not be all that painful.
I.E don't make the sun completely kill the unit, but rather damage it ever so slowly until you progress closer and closer to it and then eventually the damage would be so exceeding that your unit would die very quickly.

This can be done by having three (or more) regions that slowly expand outwards. You could even be ever so barbaric by simply setting the unit's regeneration to -1, -3, then -5 per second as you enter each region, then resetting the regeneration when you exit the outermost region.

Edit: Also if you really want to put me in credits my in-game name is Rispetto.436

Last edited:
Why even have that when the units could be made to evade the sun because it is unpathable?

The idea is that if players aren't paying attention to their units they could be needlessly destroyed.

It helps take the 'auto-pilot' gameplay out of the picture while also keeping the game realistic, because in reality if you really wanted to fly into a star you could.

In Metastasis it just provides another way to grief lol.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It helps take the 'auto-pilot' gameplay out of the picture while also keeping the game realistic, because in reality if you really wanted to fly into a star you could.
In reality the ships would be piloted by captains who would mutiny before doing such a crazy act. Thus why it should not exist because if you order people to go to the other side of the sun they would not be stupid enough to commit suicide into the sun taking the straight path and would automatically go around. I can understand this sort of navigational dilemma for games like Freelancer where piloting a ship is the game but for games like StarCraft II where you control and manage a fleet it is too much to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.