• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Converting image, thats it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
you can find warcraft 3 viewer in the tools section on this site, it can be used to do all your conversions.

Tho i did them anyways. They are at 75% quality... still look good but the files are greatly reduced in size. When u do it yourself its better because you know how much play you have between setting the quality and the file size.

Plse P.M. me once you d/l these so i can removed them from my attachments

*(removed)*

The filesize is roughly 1/5th what is was before

Last edited:
Level 10
oh fair enough, well in that case there is one .blp conversion program in the tools made for mac. Haven't tried it for obvious reasons. np

edit - oh, you said they didn't work, didn't see. I think it's a problem with the transparency layer, I did convert it in 32 bits. I'll try again.

edit edit - ok I gave them a transparent alpha layer in gimp and then converted them again. Try em now....

View attachment 34728
View attachment 34729
View attachment 34730
View attachment 34731

Last edited:
Level 10
dunno why dude. There's a better way to change your loading screen anyhow, and it reduces the size of the imports too (loading screen is now 175kb all up). I made the files you need and tried it out to find it works, so use this tutorial (from the importing into WE paragraph) and these files -

View attachment 34733

View attachment 34734

the fullscreen.blp is your 4 pieces all lined up, and the .mdx is just the backdrop they attach to. now we are finally rollin'

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.