• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Contradicting trigger issues-SOS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Soulenstien here, currently I am developing my rpg TC, I have a number of problems, but my biggest of all is at the very start. You see, in this particular map you choose from a number of charector's at the begining like many rpg's, now my problem is, is that i have a third person camera system in which i want to grant the player the ability to type in commands that change the camara angle and etc on THAT particular unit that they choose, and if that's not a problem, i'm also implementing one of those arrow key systems that allow you to move your unit with arrow keys, which again is attached to one particular unit. Now of course i know triggers well enough to beable to individualy give each hero its own 3rd person camara trigger, BUT, its proving to be inflexable and seemingly impossible to give each hero more than just that one camara trigger, i want to beable to move the hero i selected with the arrow key system and beable to switch my camara view as well, does anybody get where i'm coming from? If anybody can give me advice on any solutions and want to make some Jesus points, please help me out for the sake of TC and my sanity:p :goblin_jawdrop: ps, for more info on TC visit: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/tavern-city-rpg-218357/

Last edited:
Level 23
Actually, no, I don't get where you are coming from.
Fist of all, use shorter sentences and make line breaks in your text. It's a pain to read this way.

Secondly I hardly get your point, if you don't provide any map or trigger samples.
What exactly is you problem? The easiest way for you to do it, would probably be to create 1 trigger for each player ( 1 cam, 1 movement ) and handle the player based actions in each one separately.

If you want it more dynamic, you have to add actions to a created trigger when choosing your hero.

Level 2
Srry next time i will try to be more specific, and show some trigger samples, hehe thank you for the advice anyhow, much appreciated, i will give those actions a shot i guess :D

Status
Not open for further replies.