• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Computer randomly freezes and then crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Hi fellas, first post in this forum. Who cares? Not me.
Anyways, so my computer randomly freezes, until it after ~10 minutes simply restarts itself. When frozen, nothing works, the mouse, keyboard etc. is just dead. I thought this might be because the comp. gets overheated but it isn't that hot when this happens. No bluescreen or anything pops up.
Weird, eh? Anyone can help me?

For some moar information. I don't now exact specs, but I run have a Windows XP Professional which isn't that new, it was "good" 3, 4 years ago. Anyways, I thought it was a virus at first, but I rebooted the computer and the problem remained.

Last edited:
Level 5
Oh, this used to happen to me ALOT. But I had a really bad virus.
And I mean REALLY bad. I had to restart windows (and by that I mean I sent my comp back to square 1, as if I just bought it).

Other than overheating, that's the only reason my comp would ever do that so frequently.

Level 10
3,4 years ago!?
Men i change computer every 4 years... Cuz it is used and has many bugs, very old , and very weak... So i suggest ya to change computer every 4 years too... Cuz longer your computer do stupid things,crashes,viruses and more and fixing is waste of time and money...Unless ya got very good computer what have no virus all that time or few... Then you could save it till 6 years... Still crashes and freeze are things that means that your computer is very old and wants to die... like all 80-90 old year men wish....

Level 34
Angry Ralle's wont implement Div-ideas, Li :(

Ok, Linaze, the best thing you gotta do is first try to virusscan that computer of yours like f**k! Throw every program at it you got.

Get your computergeek'd daddy/mommy and let him/her check your nice little computer with their good o' awesome Norton programs and stuff.

If you get nothing after that, try checking your hardware because overheated equipment tend to shut down to prevent firedemolition.

If those three don't work and everything's OK, go get desperate and reinstall your computer completely, back to your square one.

Or else you have to throw it out of the window, problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.